PDA

View Full Version : The Hits Just Keep On Coming

12-09-2004, 07:38 AM
Recession Anyone? News this morning:

Jobless Claims Rise Unexpectedly (http://moneycentral.msn.com/inc/news/breakingredir.asp?feed=OBR&Date=20041209&ID=413699 1)08:33 AM
Import Prices Up, Non-Petrol Prices Surge (http://moneycentral.msn.com/inc/news/breakingredir.asp?feed=OBR&Date=20041209&ID=413699 0)08:32 AM

tsptalk
12-09-2004, 06:57 PM
If you are alwayslooking for bad news, you will always find it, anytime, anywhere.

I mentioned this before but it still amazes me... The creator of one of my favorite indicators (The ARMS index) Richard Arms, is such a perma-bear that I have lost all respect for him. Here are his headlines for his weekly article over the last two months, and this goes back for months like this. If he has been shorting, I'll bet he lost his a** because we know what the market has done over the last couple of months.

I don't suggest anyone jump in front of this bullish freight train until you can hear the brakes squeeling....

RealMoney-Commentary
Expect to See More of a Decline (http://www.thestreet.com/p/_rms/rmoney/dickarms/10197821.html)
12/8/20048:03 AM EST
ByDick Arms
The Nasdaq hasn't been this overbought in almost a year. It and the Dow seem to have run out of steam.

RealMoney-Commentary
Still Sideways, With Limited Upside (http://www.thestreet.com/p/_rms/rmoney/dickarms/10197155.html)
12/3/20048:00 AM EST
ByDick Arms
Short- and long-term indications are overbought, so the next 'big' move is likely to be down.

RealMoney-Commentary
Stock Standoff Will Melt Down (http://www.thestreet.com/p/_rms/rmoney/dickarms/10196361.html)
11/30/20048:00 AM EST
ByDick Arms
When this range breaks, the likely movement is down. Also, charts on LSI Logic, Centex, Intuit and more.

RealMoney-Commentary
Arms Index Points to Coming Slide (http://www.thestreet.com/p/_rms/rmoney/dickarms/10196136.html)
11/26/20048:00 AM EST
ByDick Arms
We could be in for a repeat of the 600-point drops we've seen twice already this year.

RealMoney-Commentary
Downturn May Follow Sideways Progress (http://www.thestreet.com/p/_rms/rmoney/dickarms/10195703.html)
11/23/20048:00 AM EST
ByDick Arms
The Dow and VIX suggest consolidation could have a while longer to go before a shift lower.

RealMoney-Commentary
Arms Index Gives Cause for Anxiety (http://www.thestreet.com/p/_rms/rmoney/dickarms/10195213.html)
11/19/20048:30 AM EST
ByDick Arms
In the short-term, the indecision that can mark a top is creeping in, and longer-term, a cycle is coming around again.

RealMoney-Commentary
Taking Some Profits Looks Prudent (http://www.thestreet.com/p/_rms/rmoney/dickarms/10194671.html)
11/17/20048:04 AM EST
ByDick Arms
It looks more like the start of a rolling over in the indices than preparation for resuming an advance.

RealMoney-Commentary
Market (Over)due for a Rest (http://www.thestreet.com/p/_rms/rmoney/dickarms/10193911.html)
11/12/20048:00 AM EST
ByDick Arms
The Dow has gone beyond expectations and previous peaks of the cycle, leaving it vulnerable.

RealMoney-Commentary
Market May Serve Up a Pullback (http://www.thestreet.com/p/_rms/rmoney/dickarms/10193344.html)
11/10/20047:04 AM EST
ByDick Arms
The Dow shows it could be near overhead resistance, and short-term Arms Index numbers have become overbought.

RealMoney- Ask Our Pros
Trend Lines (http://www.thestreet.com/p/_rms/dps/rf/20041104/readersforum1.html#entryId10192759)
11/4/20042:50 PM EST
ByDick Arms
Charles Dow, the patriach of Technical Analysis said that two prominent points could...

RealMoney-Commentary
Rally a Culmination, Not a Start (http://www.thestreet.com/p/_rms/rmoney/dickarms/10192492.html)
11/4/20048:00 AM EST
ByDick Arms
The market correctly forecast the election over the pollsters, so the postelection rally may have already occurred.

RealMoney-Commentary
Markets Lack Vote of Confidence (http://www.thestreet.com/p/_rms/rmoney/dickarms/10191868.html)
11/2/20048:00 AM EST
ByDick Arms
The next short-term move should be down, but the election and oil cloud the outlook.

RealMoney-Commentary
Rally May Fail Near These Levels (http://www.thestreet.com/p/_rms/rmoney/dickarms/10191256.html)
10/29/20048:00 AM EDT
ByDick Arms
It looks like the recent move higher has met a tough level, and is having trouble penetrating it.

RealMoney-Commentary
Be Patient With the Bottoming Process (http://www.thestreet.com/p/_rms/rmoney/dickarms/10190277.html)
10/27/20048:00 AM EDT
ByDick Arms
Arms index readings have backed away from their extremes, but it's still best to wait before buying aggressively.

RealMoney-Commentary
Dow Lacks Drama but Turn May Be Coming (http://www.thestreet.com/p/_rms/rmoney/dickarms/10189434.html)
10/22/20049:28 AM EDT
ByDick Arms
An October low still seems likely, but climactic action remains missing.

RealMoney-Commentary
Market's Drop Looks Likely to Go On (http://www.thestreet.com/p/_rms/rmoney/dickarms/10188653.html)
10/20/20048:01 AM EDT
ByDick Arms
A short burst of strength over the last few sessions seems mainly to have cleared room to the downside.

12-10-2004, 05:03 AM
Tom,

The economy is slowing down very fast. Inflation in my view is over GDP. I am just trying to point out that we all have to think about pulling the trigger and get out of stocks in the New Year very fast. Do not let this be a 2000 again for you guys and lose half your account values (again). My sell the last week of Jan really really saved my tosh that year as long with this year.

Low end retailers hurting, car makers can not move cars will all these deals, jobless claims raising and whole inventories spiking coupled with raising inflation and interest rates does not seem very bullish to me for stocks.

But I hope I am wrong...by view is if I can help one person then I am happy.

There is many other negatives I can list hurt but I am tired of getting lashed for pointing out them out.

Good luck!

Bill

tsptalk
12-10-2004, 08:41 AM
MarketTimer wrote:
There is many other negatives I can list hurt but I am tired of getting lashed for pointing out them out.
I'm just telling the counterpoint. I guess my daily comments are bullish enough to do that. I don't disagree that we could see some selling sometime next year, and possibly a temporary lull in the economy. I just don't see a 2000 situation again. If you are in the G fund for the rest of the year we'll be able to gauge your results.

Good luck
Tom

12-10-2004, 09:37 AM
MarketTimer wrote:

For one with so much market intelligence, your grammar sux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Are damn it, areeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Oh btw, I went 50% C and 50% S this morning because you're in G...........hehe, haha..............Gonna be a big week next week, my momma told me so............
and momma is always right....................

12-11-2004, 06:00 AM
Yeap, the retailers have been crying the last two weeks about weak sales. Costco was downgraded and low and behold theretail report comes out on Monday. I am sure it is going to be gainbusters based on what we heard the last two weeks. Friday was a GREAT DAY to get back in the market, if you were looking to lose money. The system may be new but the results never change. Once again you gather all the information and make the worse possible choice.

I am coming out of G fund on Monday and will be 20 G, 25 C, 50 S and 5 I. I want to have some in reserve if Dr Greenspan gets creative with the FOMC language. I feel I told you so wording moving forward is in the cards based on the PPI data.

Hey, once again you add a lot to the discussions on this board. You are like white noise...you hear something but it does not make any sense.

Attack me all you want. I really do not care. My TSP statement comforts me :D.

learning
12-11-2004, 09:23 AM
I bailed, the whimp in me comes out:PI will be looking at getting in Monday, depending on the market. I will watch the start. The market is a gamble. I ike all the comments. Helps me make a better decision, in the end. Several people made some very good calls on this sight.

:^

12-11-2004, 09:37 AM
Learn,

Leave something on the side for the FOMC and trade balance report on the 14th. However we will have the Santa Rally to ring in the new year for the IRA funding (that happens every year) since people are brainwashed to fund their IRA as soon as possible.

Have a great week it should be a interesting one.

Good to see you have "learned" that some people on this board are bashers and some know what they are doing. Watch out for the "I have a system"folks and the ones that inputs are just to be nay sayers and put others down while PROVIDING no input to conversations or information that helps with investing decisions.

Bill

ou81200
12-11-2004, 04:22 PM
Amen to that Market Timer. The only way to predict the market is witha crystal ball and mines broken:l.

smedlap
12-11-2004, 07:13 PM
No it's not ou8. Likre your posts and if you "follow MT and Tom and make your own decisions, you'll do well this next year. Hello Market Timer!Covered the pontoon boat lateand wave runner into the garage and have snow now. It's close companionship now for 5 months and watching the marketplusthe positivepost here. Buy the way, I have a herd watching TSPTalk so we may only have 650 plus members but I have a lot watchingthat never had a clue in the past. They are too shy to post. So Tom, again thanks for this very special effort! I suspect this site is going to be like a brushfire, but certainly not here so far North. Ah, Phoenix in 10 days. But I'm acting like driftwood asMT has recentlyaccused others! I've crossed to C on Tuesday morning - 100% and expect to trade stocks for I hope 5 weeks unless the cudie gets me. I've listened to Acompora who says 25% gain this next 6 months and others that say our US economy is great, firing on all engines and will make 8- 12 percent this next year. I made 3/4 of thatjust this last November thanks to some help here! So if, let's say 10% is the benchmark for the year, who's up for "smart play" to beat that! Ok Tom,we need your"continued humor, honesty and contribution or lead" and a number of us will attempt to provide sage argumentto allow us tomake our own decisions. But what is important Tom is that there are probably double following what we post.Remember that all that post so the BS is just that!We can make this a great year with the help of the chaplain and so many others. Buy the way, my hands are stumps from turning wrenches so for those that a probelm with spelling and are operating on BD, excuse my spelling also. It doesn't matter as long as the jist of the post is undebvergodeen! Ah, than darm margaretta!

tsptalk
12-11-2004, 08:17 PM
smedlap wrote:
It doesn't matter as long as the jist of the post is undebvergodeen! Ah, than darm margaretta!
I'll have what he's having. :D

learning
12-12-2004, 06:12 AM
On the long term I like the "I" fund.

On the short term I do not like the "I" fund. It gives and takes very quickly. When Dr. Greenspan talks people listen. He has indictated in the past that a weak dollar has it merits. That is a good thing. Never know what he is going to say. I suspect that he may say something that might back track a little, (nothing to back it, just a feeling. I suspect that he will try to help our market and so doing help the dollar). If he does this then the dollar will rebound.It's a gamble that I am not good enough to play. So for the short term it's above my fear factor. Long term the dollar is going down I believe. So later I will proably put money back in.

Best to all, be careful. RGDS

12-12-2004, 06:14 AM
I fund will be the best TSP fund next year.

Clueless in Oahu :cool:.

Morpheus

learning
12-12-2004, 06:24 AM
MarketTimer wrote:
I fund will be the best TSP fund next year.

Morpheus

Hey "Morpheus" get on the Matrix and tell me where the market is going short term and long term. This way when you unplug us I can say I was up. LOL:l I agree the I fund as it stands now will be the best fund to be in sometime soon. Just not now.

12-12-2004, 06:29 AM
Hey Learn,

Ride the S and C fund rally that starts next week.

Look to move into the I fund around the middle of Jan.

When the social security thing looks like it is going to pass get back in the C fund heavy. It looks like the social security reform will have the TSP funds. As you know the S and I funds have very little cash and the bulk of the money will go into the G and C fund. Ride that rally then wait for national sales tax to get ready to pass and then get out of the C and S funds.

Good luck!

Not to much sure how long I am going to post here...the bashing is getting to me. Nay say, nay say. Whenever I make correct calls...do not hear boo. If you were around earlier this year I called the last two tops to the DAY and heard nota. Even made the call weeks before to get out on a specific day - remember Tom? Say something they do not like or they do not want to believe and lash lash. Also I really do not want to help them by posting my ideas on this open area. Bash bash you then people turn around and ask me to send the sites that I am reading??? Like Dr Evil, YEAH RIGHT!.

Two classes rich and poor and in 10 years China will be outsourcing tothe U.S. Learn Chinese so you can get a call center job later on.

Morpheus.

12-12-2004, 07:48 AM
MT, strong opinions stir vigorous debate. One man sharpens another like iron sharpens iron. True, some of this seems to get pretty heated, but please be assured, your input is valued.

Morpheus: You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he expects to wake up. Ironically, that's not far from the truth. The Matrix

12-12-2004, 08:34 AM
MarketTimer wrote:
I am coming out of G fund on Monday and will be 20 G, 25 C, 50 S and 5 I. I want to have some in reserve if Dr Greenspan gets creative with the FOMC language. I feel I told you so wording moving forward is in the cards based on the PPI data.

Hey, once again you add a lot to the discussions on this board. You are like white noise...you hear something but it does not make any sense.

Aren't you the one that said awhile back that you left the govt. because of all the "idiot govt. workers". Now you say you are in TSP, yet you quote the DOW which our funds don't follow.........hmmmmmmmm

You bash my system even though I'm up more than the other "transaction posters" on this site since Nov. 19th. Check fundsurfers tables........

You have a "transaction account" yet you never use it. I agree with wheels.........

Why do I need to post "copied" analyst statements from other websites and claim them as my own? I let my numbers prove my market thoughts.

That being said, I am willing to challenge the great hedge-fund manager to a 4 month return battle. The one with the lowest return after 4 months can no longer post on the board except in his own account talk. Was going to say the loser leaves the board period, but since you say sooooo many people are following you, won't be fair to make you leave I guess. Oops, that is if you if you have the lowest return.

And before you say, "I would do it but I don't want to post my moves so you can follow them", we can send our moves to Tom or Fundsurfer, if they are willing, and they can keep track of them..........:^

Put your moves where your mouth is for once...........BEFORE the fact, not after.

Have a nice day.

M_M

12-12-2004, 08:40 AM
MarketTimer wrote:
Friday was a GREAT DAY to get back in the market, if you were looking to lose money. The system may be new but the results never change. Once again you gather all the information and make the worse possible choice.

Once again, you see what you want to see. I believe the S fund was up Friday. Of course, I may be wrong..................I hope my results never change...........:^

12-12-2004, 08:50 AM
MarketTimer wrote:
Hey Learn,

This from the guy that gave me crap for going 50% C and 50% S just a few posts ago? Your losing it my fine feathered friend..........

12-12-2004, 08:59 AM
Capt Nonads,

The retail sale report comes out on Monday and the trade balance report comes out on Tuesday. Unless you have not watched the news the last three weeks or just got out from under your rock they are not going to be good news for the market. Also Dr Greenspan is going to set himself up for the I told you so with the wording of the FOMC statement.

The buy high and sell low strategy does not work. My advice was to get out on Thursday before the OPEC/PPI data and get back in next week.

Risk/reward and utilize your peanut to make wise choices.

If you were a labatory rat you would be destroyed because you areuntrainable.

Besides you got back INTO the market on Friday....you did not benefit from the increase in the S fund. I avoided the downturn and C and I. You are exposed to damage on monday now - good luck. I am going to buy low and sell high.

Morpheus

smedlap
12-12-2004, 09:16 AM
Come on MT, your posts are great and valued, by 98%of us. Let that stuff roll of your back! It doesn't stick! Man, headache this AM! Won't do that again (for a week :cool:)! How's my spelling :^?

12-12-2004, 09:18 AM
MarketTimer wrote:
Capt Nonads,

The retail sale report comes out on Monday and the trade balance report comes out on Tuesday. Unless you have not watched the news the last three weeks or just got out from under your rock they are not going to be good news for the market. Also Dr Greenspan is going to set himself up for the I told you so with the wording of the FOMC statement.

The buy high and sell low strategy does not work. My advice was to get out on Thursday before the OPEC/PPI data and get back in next week.

Risk/reward and utilize your peanut to make wise choices.

If you were a labatory rat you would be destroyed because you areuntrainable.

Besides you got back INTO the market on Friday....you did not benefit from the increase in the S fund. I avoided the downturn and C and I. You are exposed to damage on monday now - good luck. I am going to buy low and sell high.

Morpheus

Showing your intelligence again "Morpheus", guess it is hard when you can't copy a response from another site.............

I guess you'll just ignore the challenge. After all, if you don't see it, it doesn't exist right?

Let's see, I sold S at 14.33 and bought back at 14.23. Yep, sold low and bought high all right...........

I KNOW I bought back in on Friday, was afraid you didn't. You DID say that Friday was a great day to be in the market, "if you wanted to lose money"...............

12-12-2004, 09:20 AM
smedlap wrote:
Come on MT, your posts are great and valued, by 98%of us. Let that stuff roll of your back! It doesn't stick! Man, headache this AM! Won't do that again (for a week :cool:)! How's my spelling :^?Hey smed, check your math on the G fund. Friday was day 7................Also, you may want to take another poll. 98%? Don't think so...........

12-12-2004, 09:23 AM
The I fund was crushed and the C fund went down and you were lucky to have a gain in the S fund...after the treasury budget came out at 2:18 the market went straight down...if the traders did not leave early you would of taken a hit there also.

I would say you were lucky because some program trading kick in at 2125 and saved the S fund. That wasinstiutional tradinghaving buy orders on tap a that level. Luck is good but it runs out my friend:cool:. I would rather use knowledge. Risk/reward. by the way you said you were getting into the market on friday so it really would of been better if the S fund fall instead of went up for you, flipper. Anyway you will take he damage on Monday...not this lab rat. I can be trained.

Morpheus

http://ichart.finance.yahoo.com/b?s=^IXIC

smedlap
12-12-2004, 09:24 AM
I did check my math and and as I accurately predicted - picked up $293 in G fund posted Saturday morning. Check TSP Share Price History for Friday MM. Glad you're watching my posts.

12-12-2004, 09:29 AM
smedlap wrote:
I did check my math and and as I accurately predicted - picked up $293 in G fund posted Saturday morning. Check TSP Share Price History for Friday MM. Glad you're watching my posts.
smed, the G fund was 10.65 for 6 days was it not? That made Friday, when it up to 10.66, the 7th day......................You want a calculator?............:P

I checked the TSP share price, I do my homework..............glad you're glad I watch.

12-12-2004, 09:30 AM
Just trying to get a reaction.

I really am trying to help out people on this board.

I love nay sayers. They make me research and study more and I make tons of money. I am extremely competitive and this helps me out a lot. bash me more...I deserve because I bring the realty of the markets to this board. :P

It is all good and thanks for the words.

Morpheus

smedlap wrote:

Come on MT, your posts are great and valued, by 98%of us. Let that stuff roll of your back! It doesn't stick! Man, headache this AM! Won't do that again (for a week :cool:)! How's my spelling :^?

12-12-2004, 09:38 AM
At the SES level it is a bunch of boot lickers. I like the GS and GMs.

I do a lot of volunteer work and will be getting busy with that.

Starting early next year I will be working (hopefully) 100 hours a week and will not be around anymore.

I hope the best for you mlk.

I have been saying what I have been doing before the fact and I have been saying what I am doing next week.

Good luck

Morpheus

mlk_man wrote:

MarketTimer wrote:

Aren't you the one that said awhile back that you left the govt. because of all the "idiot govt. workers". Now you say you are in TSP, yet you quote the DOW which our funds don't follow.........hmmmmmmmm

You bash my system even though I'm up more than the other "transaction posters" on this site since Nov. 19th. Check fundsurfers tables........

You have a "transaction account" yet you never use it. I agree with wheels.........

Why do I need to post "copied" analyst statements from other websites and claim them as my own? I let my numbers prove my market thoughts.

That being said, I am willing to challenge the great hedge-fund manager to a 4 month return battle. The one with the lowest return after 4 months can no longer post on the board except in his own account talk. Was going to say the loser leaves the board period, but since you say sooooo many people are following you, won't be fair to make you leave I guess. Oops, that is if you if you have the lowest return.

And before you say, "I would do it but I don't want to post my moves so you can follow them", we can send our moves to Tom or Fundsurfer, if they are willing, and they can keep track of them..........:^

Put your moves where your mouth is for once...........BEFORE the fact, not after.

Have a nice day.

M_M

smedlap
12-12-2004, 09:38 AM
I can understand MT better now. You made a post with inaccurate info.

It is 10.56 for C. Now you can wait 6 more trading days to see another 1 point spike or you can study the history chart to fix the pattern. Maybe you should hityour refresh button. I'll take the moneyor better said - I have the money posted! I bet one or two others have realized this strange unpredicted event!

12-12-2004, 09:40 AM
Oh yeah,

I have been e-mailing the people that I care about with moves before hand.

Ha ha.

12-12-2004, 09:41 AM
Love the back up.

However it is g fund not c fund.

smedlap
12-12-2004, 09:42 AM
Sorry MM, 10.65 to 10.66!

12-12-2004, 09:49 AM
And g fund.

I love bashing somewhere else for honest mistakes.

Feels kind of crappy.

Need to shoot my lab rat.

Morpheus

12-12-2004, 10:02 AM
Mlk posts inaccurate info??? :(

That is news to me.:D

Mlk the Head of the DNC job is open. You would be perfect for that head job...you all ready have hand jobs down pat.

Got fry my lab rat.

Morpheus

smedlap wrote:

I can understand MT better now. You made a post with inaccurate info.

It is 10.56 for C. Now you can wait 6 more trading days to see another 1 point spike or you can study the history chart to fix the pattern. Maybe you should hityour refresh button. I'll take the moneyor better said - I have the money posted! I bet one or two others have realized this strange unpredicted event!

FundSurfer
12-12-2004, 11:02 AM
I can track anyone's moves and keep them secret. There would have to be rules, such as the e-mail must be sent before 12 pm Eastern (I'd give a little bit of slack for last second moves since I do that myself.)

MT, I like to read what you post. Even you would have to admit that if you were reading you post, a dose of skeptisism would be in order because you have claimed great successess. You stopped posting your moves before I started tracking them so I don't know how much to actually trust you. You could just be posting stuff you read somewhere else and looking over your shoulder and claiming greatness. You post enough material it would be easy to say you called it right somewhere.

MM has called you out. This would be a great way for put up or shut up. I have to warn you though, I have tracked Milkman and he has done quite well. He has only had one bad month since July and then he was working on upgrtading his system.

If you want my e-mail, let me know by posting yours in my account talk page.

tsptalk
12-12-2004, 02:20 PM
I appreciate the discussion folks and the fact that you are keeping it "clean" (No bashing). But you guys really need to take your egos out of it. It's going to kill you. You are more worried about being right rather than doing the right thing. Go with the flow.

I likethe input but anyone following someone who says...

Friday was a GREAT DAY to get back in the market, if you were looking to lose money.
and

... better understand his motive. It doesn't sound like someone trying to help you. It sounds like someone trying to confuse, manipulate and stir things up.

Beware. Listen to what is said but please draw your own conclusions, like smedlap said.

Thanks,
Tom

Rod
12-12-2004, 04:11 PM
tsptalk wrote:
I appreciate the discussion folks and the fact that you are keeping it "clean" (No bashing). But you guys really need to take your egos out of it. It's going to kill you. You are more worried about being right rather than doing the right thing. Go with the flow.

Friday was a GREAT DAY to get back in the market, if you were looking to lose money.
and

... better understand his motive. It doesn't sound like someone trying to help you. It sounds like someone trying to confuse, manipulate and stir things up.

Beware. Listen to what is said but please draw your own conclusions, like smedlap said.

Thanks,
Tom

Can I get an "Amen"???:cool:

grandma
12-12-2004, 06:41 PM
Thank you, Tom, for trying to clear the `e-waves' here. It has been difficult for me - new to doing anything with my TSP to sort out pertinent information between disparaging & sarcastic remarks - I will be really studying what is being written, then suddenly realize that last the paragraph I read is impertinent & irrelevant....time wasted!! :X But I do like this site and the discussions. I think that with this and with some aside basics information I am receiving via PM, that I may be able to make a difference in my account balance before retiring the next year or two. :D

grandma
12-12-2004, 06:42 PM
Rod wrote:

Yes ! Loud and Clear!!!

smedlap
12-12-2004, 06:58 PM
Ah Tom!, you are such a subtle gentleman! And grandma, it is the many posts that make this such an enjoyable "bull" pit! Chose your poison Grandma and make money! Better to follow Tom then the the "Silver Fox"!

Show-me
12-12-2004, 08:03 PM
Rod wrote:
tsptalk wrote:

and

Thanks,
Tom

Amen, Amen, Aaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmen! I left for a little party this a.m., come back and WOW!:shock: A little glad I'm the low man on the tracking. It can only get better from there. O by the way party was great, had to take a little nap when I got home. Everything is muuuuuuch better now.

12-13-2004, 07:49 AM
MarketTimer wrote:
Yeap, the retailers have been crying the last two weeks about weak sales. Costco was downgraded and low and behold theretail report comes out on Monday. I am sure it is going to be gainbusters based on what we heard the last two weeks. Friday was a GREAT DAY to get back in the market, if you were looking to lose money. The system may be new but the results never change. Once again you gather all the information and make the worse possible choice.

OMG, Nov. retail sales were just absolutely horrific!!!!!!!!!! Damn MT, I shoulda listened to you and not gotten in today. I apologize, you obviously know more than I............I bow to your wisdom..............:P

12-13-2004, 07:54 AM
Morpheus: n. something that causes sleep.........................nuff said....:zz

12-13-2004, 01:09 PM
MarketTimer wrote:
Learn,

Good to see you have "learned" that some people on this board are bashers and some know what they are doing. Watch out for the "I have a system"folks and the ones that inputs are just to be nay sayers and put others down while PROVIDING no input to conversations or information that helps with investing decisions.

Bill

Tell you what MT, you provide the information and comic relief, I'll provide the higher returns okay? Fair nuff? You seem more suited for the former.

Oh that's right, markets are up today, he'll be back when they are down.

I apologize to all those that have asked me to ignore MT, it's just soooooooo hard sometimes. I promise I'll try harder.............don't like seeing folks get bamboozeled though............

12-13-2004, 01:53 PM
mlk_man wrote:
Morpheus: n. something that causes sleep.........................nuff said....:zzWebster's 1913 Dictionary

Definition: \Mor"pheus\, n. [L., fr. Gr. ? prop., the fashioner or
molder, because of the shapes he calls up before the sleeper,
fr. ? form, shape.] (Class. Myth.)
The god of dreams.

12-13-2004, 02:54 PM
Chaplain wrote:
mlk_man wrote:
Morpheus: n. something that causes sleep.........................nuff said....:zzWebster's 1913 Dictionary

Definition: Mor"pheus, n. [L., fr. Gr. ? prop., the fashioner or
molder, because of the shapes he calls up before the sleeper,
fr. ? form, shape.] (Class. Myth.)
The god of dreams.
American Heritage Dictionary

So let's see, by your def., he is trying to "shape" these folks into being followers, then he'll put em to sleep and take their money.............now I got it!! :shock:

12-13-2004, 02:56 PM
mlk_man wrote:

M_M
Waiting.....................................

12-13-2004, 03:52 PM
Trinity (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005251/): You always told me to stay off the freeway.
Morpheus (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000401/): Yes, that's true.
Trinity (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005251/): You said it was suicide.
Morpheus (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000401/): Then let us hope that I was wrong.

12-13-2004, 08:49 PM
Chaplain wrote:
Trinity (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005251/): You always told me to stay off the freeway.
Morpheus (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000401/): Then let us hope that I was wrong.
I understand Chap, but I think you have it all wrong, no offense...............

I sort of think of "Little Red Riding Hood"......................my grandma, what big teeth you have.................:^

grandma
12-13-2004, 10:30 PM
:ooWatch it there, Mr. M_M !!

12-14-2004, 06:47 AM
grandma wrote:
:ooWatch it there, Mr. M_M !!
Oops, sorry grandma!!!!!!!!!! What pretty eyes you have!!!!!!!!!

When the wolf comes knockin', don't let him in!!!! http://www.websmileys.com/sm/violent/sterb026.gif

grandma
12-14-2004, 08:28 AM
mlk_man wrote:

When the wolf comes knockin', don't let him in!!!! http://www.websmileys.com/sm/violent/sterb026.gif

No Chance!! I've got you guys & gals out there! I also have SomeOne I gather you may be a bit skeptical about.....!!:u

Merry Christwas - oops- Christis - gee wheeze - Christmas !!! :!

12-14-2004, 08:55 AM
mlk_man wrote:
Chaplain wrote:
I understand Chap, but I think you have it all wrong, no offense...............

I sort of think of "Little Red Riding Hood"......................my grandma, what big teeth you have.................:^
Yes, I see your point! :^

12-14-2004, 08:56 AM
grandma wrote:

No Chance!! I've got you guys & gals out there! I also have SomeOne I gather you may be a bit skeptical about.....!!:u

Merry Christwas - oops- Christis - gee wheeze - Christmas !!! :!

Thank you, Merry Christmas to you also..........http://www.smileys.ws/sm/xmas/00000028.gif