PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to Ron Paul? [article]

Silverbird
03-06-2008, 01:48 PM
MSNBC
WASHINGTON - The excitement of Rep. Ron Paul’s unorthodox presidential campaign has faded since last fall. The chances were always slim that Paul would get to go to the White House to collect President Bush’s endorsement, as Sen. John McCain did Wednesday.

But Paul scored a victory Tuesday night, crushing challenger Chris Peden in the Republican primary in his Texas congressional district.
Paul’s victory in his heavily Republican district means the 33-year House veteran will be around for at least another two years to voice his dismay both at America’s overseas entanglements and at Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke’s policies.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23485858/

fabijo
03-10-2008, 02:42 PM
I think it's a combination of his campaign office not being smart about spending money and the near complete blackout that the media did to Ron Paul. How often have you actually seen results of the primaries actually mention Ron Paul? So many times, I've seen newspapers and television news list the results of the other candidates, but not show Ron Paul, even when they listed candidates' results that he beat in some states. I didn't see any mention of him when he came in second place in Nevada and Montana or near first place in Louisiana. Friends in Long Island were told that Ron Paul dropped out of the race when they went to vote for him in New York. I can easily run into people who never heard of him, and he still HAS NOT dropped out. He's still on the ballots, yet knows that he will not get the nomination.

The good thing is that many people heard the message of truly following the Constitution and many people are now running for different offices throughout the country because of that message. This is the kind of thing that is happening across the country, that you won't find out on the news till it's too late:

In Nye the county Convention in Nevada, 44 of 65 possible delegates going to the State convention are all Ron Paul republicans. We fought for some great platform planks, and got a lot of people thinking, and a few more people worried. Congrats to everyone who was involved. Yesterday they were telling people we were not going to show up because Ron Paul was quitting, and tonight they are sh***ing their pants.
from http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=127412

fabijo
03-10-2008, 02:45 PM
The excitement of Rep. Ron Paul’s unorthodox presidential campaign has faded since last fall.

By the way, the excitement never faded... it grew. The more he gets ignored by television and newspaper, the more passionate his supporters are getting. It's not about Ron Paul any more. A generations long revolution got started this past year and, surprisingly, is gaining strength.