PDA

View Full Version : Lurking no more

Minnow
09-05-2007, 04:48 PM
Just wanted to say that I have enjoyed this site tremendously and hope to learn even more since I began lurking about 2 months ago. Been passing the word to any and all feds that will listen but you know how that goes. I did some daytrading (I know that the TSP is not the same) for my previous employer just because he thought I was better at throwing darts at a wall than he was. Oh well, perhaps I will learn even more in the months to come. :rolleyes:

Birchtree
09-05-2007, 04:54 PM
Welcome, we might learn a thing or two from your experiences.

Show-me
09-05-2007, 06:12 PM
Welcome and have fun!

tsptalk
09-05-2007, 06:53 PM
Welcome Minnow! Thanks for spreading the word.

nnuut
09-05-2007, 06:56 PM
Welcome Minnow, let's make money!!
Norman:D

James48843
09-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Nice to have you here. You'll soon be the big fish in the small pond.

Tell all your fed friends about TSPTALK!

P.S. I posted the weekly tally on the Union bulletin Board, and now people are looking at it. Spread the word.

Minnow
09-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Thank you all for the hospitality and I will keep spreading the word... Provided that is our goal and not to keep it a secret since some of "those kind" wish to make some of "our kind" pay for making IFTs. I can see paying for a system but paying for the right to be in control of your own money? Seems a fundamentally flawed way of thinking to me especially when we all work for the biggest employer out there.

BeaverState
09-05-2007, 10:35 PM
I can see paying for a system but paying for the right to be in control of your own money?
It's downright unAmerican. Besides I can't see that our little trades, even collectively, make much of a dent in the trillion dollar indexes they follow. After all, the C & S funds alone contain the 5000 biggest stocks in the U.S.

Minnow
09-06-2007, 08:59 AM
Yeah, I don't think the computerized programs they have in place cost the administrators of our funds very much and the costs have actually been going down -- imagine that. I think the problems are the moves in and out of the OSMs. I haven't made it through all of the minutes of the last meeting but I think the I funds Fair valuations are what's raising the eyebrows. However, I still think this is small potatoes considering that we are required to participate.

NNut... I'm with you man... let's make our money and get out before the whole house caves in.

Again thanks to all of you for your hospitality and look forward to more discussions in the threads and let's get at it!!!

EW_ret
09-06-2007, 03:46 PM
You can join our new Automated Tracker with just ten posts. Read the Automated Tracker Rules found in my signature. We lowered the post minimum for this new tracker because there is less administrative overhead, and members enter their own TSP fund allocations and transfers. When you have ten posts send me a Private Message (PM) with your email address. I will then set-up your user profile in the Automated Tracker.