PDA

View Full Version : The big guys are here!!!!

09-15-2004, 09:05 AM
Sellers make their presence known in the opening action, sending the indices lower... Economic and earnings news have been a bit of a disappointment as both have generally missed consensus estimates... August Industrial Production & Capacity Utilization showed slower rates of growth as both were impacted by the rise in energy prices... July Business Inventories did top market expectations, but that report is generally considered out of date given its late release...

Soft patch??? Recession in my opinion.

Dow 10,269.27
(-0.47%)

Nasdaq (http://finance.yahoo.com/q?d=t&s=^IXIC)
(-0.80%)

S&P 500 (http://finance.yahoo.com/q?d=t&s=^GSPC)
(-0.44%)

09-15-2004, 09:24 AM
One day and he's gloom and doom again. Geez, go to the beach or something. You can't do anything about it anyway. :end:

09-15-2004, 09:37 AM
Milk,

I said 3 Sep would be a down day and that there would be aa RNC rally and that last Monday would be a up day and that before the end of the month there will be a sell off. That is why I am a marketimer! History repeats itself.

I think during this time I was told I needed to take my meds. How are your holding out? You are not getting low costs imports from Mexico are you?

MT

mlk_man wrote:

One day and he's gloom and doom again. Geez, go to the beach or something. You can't do anything about it anyway. :end:

09-15-2004, 09:38 AM
MarketTimer wrote:
Milk,

I said 3 Sep would be a down day and that there would be aa RNC rally and that last Monday would be a up day and that before the end of the month there will be a sell off. That is why I am a marketimer! History repeats itself.

I think during this time I was told I needed to take my meds. How are your holding out? You are not getting low costs imports from Mexico are you?

MT

mlk_man wrote:

Also, I e-mailed Tom over the weekend and told him to get out of the market. Because starting early this week it was looking bad moving forward.

Right Tom? Red Lightunder Green Light! :P

MT

tsptalk
09-15-2004, 09:53 AM
MarketTimer wrote:
Also, I e-mailed Tom over the weekend and told him to get out of the market. Because starting early this week it was looking bad moving forward.

MT

;)

09-15-2004, 09:53 AM
MarketTimer wrote:
Milk,

MT

And so do you..................

09-15-2004, 09:55 AM
mlk_man wrote:
MarketTimer wrote:
Milk,

MT

And so do you..................I believe at the time you said that I needed meds to be in the market last week, etc, etc? :shock: That is how this little spat started.

09-15-2004, 09:59 AM
tsptalk wrote:
MarketTimer wrote:

MT

;)
Thank you TOM!!! The reason I do not post my changes on the main board and e-mail you is I do not want to hear that I need meds for my reasons from Mr. Milk. But whoever got out of the market yesterday must be a market timer!:^

For those who are in stock funds. I wish you the best and hopefully the high volume sell off does not last long. I would say stay out of the market to at least Monday. Oh yeah, we do not have a choice, do we??

Red light, green light!!!

Have a great day all!

MT

09-15-2004, 10:00 AM
Tom,

I sent you another e-mail. You can really see what I was talking about over the weekend. I see lots of pain moving forward.

MT

09-23-2004, 06:55 AM
MarketTimer wrote:
Tom,

I sent you another e-mail. You can really see what I was talking about over the weekend. I see lots of pain moving forward.

MT

:^

Spaf
09-23-2004, 08:18 AM
MT welcome back!

Meds kind of get you messed up. But, a martini does wonders! Two olives up = go long. If the olives are down then exit.

The market seems to be preoccupied with oil and not so good earnings.

Ever time I look at the weather, a new hurricane has developed. Ivan made a complete circle, and last night was back in the gulf. That can't be helping our rigs out there!

The Star war episodes are not going well for the Alliance. Correction Bush war. No Iraq war. Thats the place where they seem to have as many insurgents as they do citizens. Months ago they said a few hundred? Gasp!

My TSP account is in the hanger, the weather is too bad for me right now. I'll wait and see and hope for a better forecast, before taking off again.

Have a good day!

09-23-2004, 08:25 AM
Spaf wrote:
MT welcome back!

Meds kind of get you messed up. But, a martini does wonders! Two olives up = go long. If the olives are down then exit.

The market seems to be preoccupied with oil and not so good earnings.

Ever time I look at the weather, a new hurricane has developed. Ivan made a complete circle, and last night was back in the gulf. That can't be helping our rigs out there!

The Star war episodes are not going well for the Alliance. Correction Bush war. No Iraq war. Thats the place where they seem to have as many insurgents as they do citizens. Months ago they said a few hundred? Gasp!

My TSP account is on the sidelines, things are too unstable for me. I'll wait and see and hope for better weather.

Have a good day!

Spaf,

Hello friend. We are in a bear market. Normally the market does extremely well during a war. I am glad you are side lines. The bond market has it right we are in a economic slow down period with rising inflation. This is just like 1994. The fed kept tightening and ruined a good thing. Not sure how greenspan holds on to his job. Back in March he was talking up ARMS (remember?) and those folks that took his advice are now hurting bad since ARMS have moved up 1.1% and mortgage rates have fallen. This is also the guy that said buy QQQs March 2000. The money is getting rung out of the market, which is why the low end retailers are having horrible growth reports. Now the fast food and junk food guys are doing bad - that is a bad sign. When you see the likes of Coke, Wendy's, Interstate Bakery doing bad that means bad things moving forward. Even the toothpaste and soap guys are (Colgate, Dial, etc) are taking a hit.

Kutlow said Mr Market got it wrong for economic growth...remember Mr Market is all ways right and those who follow and not try to get ahead of Mr Market will make money.

Have a great day!

MT

eukrate
09-23-2004, 08:49 AM
MT, I'm glad you're back. I've been following your analyses and am impressed. Please stick around and continue posting (or at least send private messages to those of us who want to hear your ideas). As the great mathematician Gauss wrote:
" I fear to publish my ideas for the outcry of the Bohemians". In other words, try to ignore your detractors and stay the course!

09-23-2004, 09:09 AM
Mr Rate,

One of the main reason I came back was you. I appreciate your e-mail very much. If you are not G fund...please move now. I am going to spend about three hours this weekend looking over things. I am glad you are impressed. Yes, I have taken a lot of heat on this board for my stupid ideas. But if you have been reading me from my start here, you could make some dough off what I am doing and saying. At least stay in G fund until the job report the first Friday in October. The risk reward is not in our favor right now. Capital preservations. There is better times to make money...now keep your coins.

:) Hopefully I am not coming across as a egomanic but I am being brief here because I am tracking some shorts. You can make money in a bull or bear market but a choppy market is very difficult money to be above water.

Good luck Mr Rate and thank you again.

MT

Once again I only see out about a couple days to a month...but until 7 October just sit on hands and take in your .01 every five days or so.

eukrate wrote:

MT, I'm glad you're back. I've been following your analyses and am impressed. Please stick around and continue posting (or at least send private messages to those of us who want to hear your ideas). As the great mathematician Gauss wrote:
" I fear to publish my ideas for the outcry of the Bohemians". In other words, try to ignore your detractors and stay the course!

09-23-2004, 09:12 AM
Mr Rate,

By the way I have a PhD in mathematics from the Northwestern and I am currently a actuary for a insurance company so I love numbers. Grow up in Vegas playing craps that really helped me following lots of stuff at the same time.

Good luck!

MT

eukrate wrote:

09-23-2004, 09:45 AM
Hey MT, please don't PM me anymore ok? Thank you...............

09-23-2004, 09:48 AM
mlk_man wrote:
Just wanted to make sure that you were out of the way on 22 Sep like I told you to do two weeks ago. Want toSAVE you money!!!

MT

Rod
09-23-2004, 09:55 AM
MarketTimer wrote:
mlk_man wrote:
Just wanted to make sure that you were out of the way on 22 Sep like I told you to do two weeks ago. Want toSAVE you money!!!

MT

Hey MT, I wanna save money... so you can PM me anytime!;)

Actually, I'll PM you my email address!:)

09-23-2004, 09:55 AM
MarketTimer wrote:
mlk_man wrote:

MT
I can take of myself, thanks. If you bother to read the "whole" comments people post and not just what you want to read, you'd know I'm 100% G now. Looks like the S may gain some back today. Hmmmmm

09-23-2004, 10:01 AM
Just trying to help buddy! I am glad you followed my advice and are in the G fund again.

See you are learnable!

MT

mlk_man wrote:

MarketTimer wrote:
mlk_man wrote:

MT
I can take of myself, thanks. If you bother to read the "whole" comments people post and not just what you want to read, you'd know I'm 100% G now. Looks like the S may gain some back today. Hmmmmm

09-23-2004, 10:05 AM
MarketTimer wrote:
Just trying to help buddy! I am glad you followed my advice and are in the G fund again.

See you are learnable!

MT

This guy is STRANGE!!!!!

09-23-2004, 10:07 AM
Strange. This guy is raking in the dough! I have 15 people on this board wanting me to send them advice directly. Who is listening to you? Echo, echo.

mlk_man wrote:

MarketTimer wrote:

See you are learnable!

MT

This guy is STRANGE!!!!!

09-23-2004, 10:09 AM
Good luck to em............

09-23-2004, 10:21 AM
mlk_man wrote:
Good luck to em............
Milk,

Someone said I was a Investing God. Thank you for the comment by the way :cool:.

We call you spoiled milkman. :shock:

You still have not sent me your system yet...I would like to pick that apart too and refine it to something that works for you.

MT

09-23-2004, 01:50 PM
MarketTimer wrote:
tsptalk wrote:
MarketTimer wrote:

MT

;)
Thank you TOM!!! The reason I do not post my changes on the main board and e-mail you is I do not want to hear that I need meds for my reasons from Mr. Milk. But whoever got out of the market yesterday must be a market timer!:^

For those who are in stock funds. I wish you the best and hopefully the high volume sell off does not last long. I would say stay out of the market to at least Monday. Oh yeah, we do not have a choice, do we??

Red light, green light!!!

Have a great day all!

MT
From 9\15 to 9\21 S fund went from $12.85 to $13.01. Good call to be out MT......with my new system, I would of been in. We'll see who the mathematics wiz is and who isn't. ;)I do want to thank you for inspiring me to invent the perfect investment stategy though, will be rich a lot quicker now. Thank you.:^

tsptalk
09-23-2004, 07:09 PM
MarketTimer wrote:
Someone said I was a Investing God.
:l