PDA

View Full Version : Sep Sell Off

09-08-2004, 09:11 AM
Does anyone think there will be a sell off this month? I am guessing it starts around 22 Sep.

NEW YORK - Wall Street professionals know to keep their expectations in check in September, historically the worst month of the year for stocks. As summertime draws to a close, money managers are getting back to business, cleaning house, and often sending the market[/b] lower in the process.

September has opened strong eight of the last nine years, but it's ended with a knockout punch for stocks for the lastsix years, because institutional traders are making end-of-the-quarter portfolio changes.

I know the election year crap but there is a lot of dog stocks in mutual funds right now that managers due to want reflected in their annual reports.

Call me crazy!

MT

09-23-2004, 06:57 AM
MarketTimer wrote:
Does anyone think there will be a sell off this month? I am guessing it starts around 22 Sep.

NEW YORK - Wall Street professionals know to keep their expectations in check in September, historically the worst month of the year for stocks. As summertime draws to a close, money managers are getting back to business, cleaning house, and often sending the market[/b] lower in the process.

September has opened strong eight of the last nine years, but it's ended with a knockout punch for stocks for the lastsix years, because institutional traders are making end-of-the-quarter portfolio changes.

I know the election year crap but there is a lot of dog stocks in mutual funds right now that managers due to want reflected in their annual reports.

Call me crazy!

MT

:P

09-25-2004, 06:23 AM
Hey Boarders,

Where is the love??? What a call??? To the freaking day!

;).

10-09-2004, 11:00 AM
Call on 8 Sep!!! There ya go Pete AKA Monday Morning Quarterdeck.

Called the recent two big drops....weeks before the drop...to the freaking day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where is the love!!!

Pete I am making dough and getting out before the drops....how are ya doing???

Tell you what? Because of people like you I will not be making any more calls on this board. Why don't you put your neck out and make somes calls so I can sit back and pick you apart.