PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Georgia!

BigGuy
04-06-2007, 04:03 PM
I stumbled onto this site two days ago and have been wildly intrigued ever since. I am 54 years old and am a civilian with the Army. I probably will retire in 10 years. I have been putting 12% in TSP for a number of years and have been locked on 50% C and 50% S.

Any suggestions on how to get started here, i.e,. making more aggressive interfund transfers. I'm guessing I should pick the model that seems right to me and go with it for awhile.

Is there some background information to read?

Thanks.

Scott
Columbus, GA

Spaf
04-06-2007, 04:27 PM
Hi Scott!
Welcome!

See the Board Introduction, Announcements, Rules.

Whats your poison! Trader? Buy&Hold? We got them all!.......:D

Start here --> http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/showpost.php?p=50924&postcount=1

Tempest
04-06-2007, 04:45 PM
I stumbled onto this site two days ago and have been wildly intrigued ever since. I am 54 years old and am a civilian with the Army. I probably will retire in 10 years. I have been putting 12% in TSP for a number of years and have been locked on 50% C and 50% S.

Any suggestions on how to get started here, i.e,. making more aggressive interfund transfers. I'm guessing I should pick the model that seems right to me and go with it for awhile.

One suggestion I have Scott-not investment-if you can handle it financially max your contributions to TSP to the MAX.
See pdf on catchup contributions 'bullet' on this page.
http://www.tsp.gov/curinfo/data.html

If you are doing that already that's good. Good luck in your trades.

BigGuy
04-06-2007, 04:48 PM
Thanks. I'll take a look at all of it. Clearly I have been a Buy and Hold, but am looking to be a trader.

I have quickly realized that compared to buying and selling stocks in general, it is quite a luxury to get free trades in and out of the G fund.

Scott

EW_ret
04-09-2007, 08:46 AM
Welcome to TSPTalk BigGuy! Good investing! Browse our forums to learn what we have to offer. I record the transactions of our members and report their returns in our TSP calculator called the Weekly Tracker. You must have a minimum of 25 posts to join this tracker service.

BigGuy
04-09-2007, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the encouragement. I read about the last six months of messages on here over the weekend, and am much more enlightened/confused.

What are the top two or three indicators that you look at?

Scott

tsptalk
04-10-2007, 09:00 AM
Welcome BigGuy! Thanks for joining us.

Tom