PDA

View Full Version : The Spreadsheet

lifer
08-20-2004, 06:51 AM
I'm going to start tracking what I'm doing with the spreadsheet (TSP returns Calculator). It appears very tedious to use. Am I missing something, or do you really need to manually input all the numbers, i.e. share prices/day, percentage, and market indices?

Thanks,

Lifer

tsptalk
08-20-2004, 09:36 AM
It only takes a minute or two to update the daily price changes. It can be a bit tedious when you make a transfer. There is some adjusting needed. If you know how to use a spreadsheet you will see where it needs tweaked. It takes me an extra minute or two when I make an allocation change. If you are not familiar with spreadsheets it may be a little more challenging.

Rolo
08-20-2004, 04:16 PM
hehehe...That was a politician's answer!

If the spreadsheet's prices are in the same order as the TSP.gov site, you can copy/paste them directly from the site's table into the spreadsheet. You can do this with Frizz B's.

tsptalk
08-20-2004, 04:33 PM
I'm finding out that I do most things the hard way. :)

Timer
08-21-2004, 12:11 AM
Rolo wrote:
You can do this with Frizz B's.

OK, I need to start tracking. How do I get a copy of this thing of wonder by :dude:?

No offense Tom!:D

Also, you spelled your name wrong - it's ROLO

Kidding!:oo

Rolo
08-21-2004, 01:28 PM
Timer wrote:

Also, you spelled your name wrong - it's ROLO

baaahaahahahaha..LOL!

I want to design the überspreadsheet, to contain a balance tracker, easy import, FRO, and scalable to add anything to it from the same core data. PM me your ideas. I am far too manic right now to do it; I will begin on the next downswing, soon.

My FRO spreadsheet is outdated and I stopped tracking it. Tom's...well... "Why you have to go and make things so complicateeed?"* :)

*...been on an Avril Lavigne kick

lifer
08-22-2004, 09:34 AM
Where can I find Frizz B's spreadsheet? Is it still on the forum somewhere?

Thanks.

Rolo
08-22-2004, 05:53 PM
Ya, an old one is here:

http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/view_topic.php?id=258&forum_id=21&highlight=Excel+Frizz

Find "FRO.zip" on that page. That may or may not be the one with my extra junk on it, heh.