PDA

View Full Version : first post vs last post

mailmanusa
12-29-2006, 02:32 AM
You will notice that when you are in a forum you can place your cursor over the hypertext of a thread title. Without clicking on it a small window will pop up and show you text that was typed in the first post to that thread. I wonder if the settings on the forum software could be changed to show you text from the most recent post to a thread. If they could be changed I think it would be helpfull. You gotta agree that many people surf through and check all the latest moves that others are making. Take the allocation forum for instance. One could just move thier cursor down the page over the titles one by one and see all the latest action without even clicking or opening the threads. It would be much quicker, especially for those using dial up and would also ease conjestion at busy times. Anybody with me on this?

nnuut
12-29-2006, 09:08 AM
Great IDEA MailmanUSA!!:D Redirect that mouse move!:p
Norman

mailmanusa
12-29-2006, 07:38 PM
Yeah, it would be nice. No more clickin and scrollin and scrollin and clickin....just walk the cursor down the page..boom boom boom and done.

tsptalk
12-30-2006, 11:44 AM
I'll check into it. Thanks!

tsptalk
12-31-2006, 03:58 PM
I contacted the folks who wrote the software and they said,"There is no feature for that", but that it could probably be done. I'll look into it a litle further.

Tom