PDA

View Full Version : TSP Talk MB Clock.

Fivetears
07-05-2006, 11:37 AM
Is the TSP Talk MB clock "on time" with the TSP Website; synchronized? If not... is there a tolerance for the TSP Talk clock; + - ?? seconds. :confused: :)

Wizard
07-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Is the TSP Talk MB clock "on time" with the TSP Website; synchronized? If not... is there a tolerance for the TSP Talk clock; + - ?? seconds. :confused: :)

My TSP clock is way off depending on where I am at. Right now it is 4 hours and 5 minutes off for me. That is why I got confused with Skypilot's transfer.

Wizard
07-05-2006, 11:44 AM
I guess I could change the timezone to where I am at. :worried: But that is to much like work. :embarrest:

But you are right you can not adjust the minute difference.

Buffalo_Nickle
07-05-2006, 11:44 AM
I have noticed when I am not logged on the times are not acuate with the EST time frame. Thanks for all the great post,.. very informative !

Fivetears
07-05-2006, 12:19 PM
I syncronize here; http://nist.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Central/d/-6
It's a .gov website. I still remain uncertain as to what clock TSP IFT's are logged by. Perhaps Tom knows more. :)

I have noticed when I am not logged on the times are not acuate with the EST time frame. Thanks for all the great post,.. very informative !

SkyPilot
07-05-2006, 12:26 PM
Wizard: "My TSP clock is way off"

:D :D :D :D

ayla
07-05-2006, 12:57 PM
I go by my PC clock which I thought was accurately synchronized with some central accurate clock "in the sky". But I found out it isn't synchrnoized with the TSP site. I finished an IFT transfer at 3 minutes until the deadline one day and they didn't honor my transfer. So I am now making sure to be at least 10 minutes or more in advance of the TSP deadline when I make a transfer.

tsptalk
07-05-2006, 01:30 PM
The message board clock seems correct but I can't be sure what tsp.gov is looking at.

Fivetears
07-10-2006, 12:18 PM
I fired a recent IFT at 11:58:37EST and went it through fine at TSP. As previously posted, I syncronize here; http://nist.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Central/d/-6
It's a .gov website. It would just be nice to know how tsp.gov clocks are set. I suppose I could just "play" with a 1% IFT for a few days to compare tsp.gov to nist.time.gov :blink: not. Hmm. :confused: