PDA

View Full Version : When are contributions added??

Pilgrim
04-08-2006, 08:12 AM
Does any one know WHEN the government puts money into TSP? When I checked Friday morning I should have sufferred a tiny loss but had a tiny gain, yet payday isn't until next Tuesday. Is there a single answer or does every agency disburse money at slightly different times? Is there anything on the TSP website that tells me exactly when changes, including new money, are made?

Show-me
04-08-2006, 09:06 AM
I believe it is dependent on each agency. I'm with the USPS and I got paid on Friday but my contribution hit on Wednesday. Go to Account Access and log in and on the bottom of the page is a link "Most Recent Transactions". That may help.

Dave M
04-08-2006, 09:23 AM
Beneath my account balance is the total of my catch-up contributions for the year so far. Using this figure, I can tell at a glance if my contributions have made it into the account yet.

I think the actual date my depend upon which agency you work for.

Dave

Pilgrim
04-08-2006, 09:28 AM
I believe it is dependent on each agency. I'm with the USPS and I got paid on Friday but my contribution hit on Wednesday. Go to Account Access and log in and on the bottom of the page is a link "Most Recent Transactions". That may help.

Had it been a snake it would have bit me. Sure enough, payday on Tuesday, contribution hits previous Thursday.

Thanks!

grandma
04-08-2006, 09:38 AM
Another way to verify is have your contributions go into a fund you do NOT have any allocations in, it will show up there. My pay (DVA) comes from Austin, direct deposit, wake up Fri am and my money is in the bank, & my contribution shows up on Friday night's tsp Account Balance. I would imagine that each Agency has its own idiosyncracies. It would be interesting (I don't know for what purpose, though) to know how other outfits do theirs, are all checks written at the same place?

ChemEng
04-14-2006, 08:27 AM
I work for the Army and get paid every other Thursday. The recent transactions on my account show money hitting the Monday 3 days before I get paid.