PDA

View Full Version : 2004-06-01 Blurb

Rolo
06-01-2004, 11:15 AM
Veeeeeery tempting to bail out of stocks and for two reasons: the day looked strong this morning--do I take my profits now before it stumbles? Later, it got a little crummy--do I need tosell now to buy back soon at a lower price?

I took my profits with a couple of my stocks, especially the one with a 355 P/E. There, I have some profits/preservation of capital and won't have puertorico's words haunting me if I rode them down. :)

Back to TSP.Tom takes some off the table. Pretty darn compelling. I speculate todays closing prices to be 12.84 S, 11.77 C and plug them into my visual FBO graph. My, my, I should probably bail, but not----quite----there. I am thinking a March 31st-like pattern and hopefully not a March 2nd-like pattern.

I wish TSP trades were at least at today's closing prices, let alone real-time. Hmmm...what will closing prices be tomorrow. Hmmm...so close. I had five minutes to decide. I hate making rushed decisions. I stayed put at 30C/70S.

My rationale: I think the market is still on an upward courseand this will be a very short respite, one that is indicative and necessary for such an upward swing of this size. I think any dip has a greater chance of leaving me buying back my shares at a higher price.

Also, I spared myself from having to make the "when to buy back" decision. :D

Rolo
06-01-2004, 11:22 AM
Oh, I was actually tempted to move some S over to C. I am keeping that play in the back of my mind while watching what they do as a trend and relative to each other.

(I am using ^DWCP and ^SPX for comparisons.)

tsptalk
06-01-2004, 04:53 PM
Rolo wrote:
Oh, I was actually tempted to move some S over to C. I am keeping that play in the back of my mind while watching what they do as a trend and relative to each other.

(I am using ^DWCP and ^SPX for comparisons.)

Still no sign of S fund giving up the lead. Another strong day vs the C fund.

azanon
06-01-2004, 09:43 PM
Oh, I was actually tempted to move some S over to C

That's what ive done with my portfolio, in general. Go ahead and take those small cap profits, - the darlings of 03'. My bets on large cap for the next year, in particular growth stocks. Its time for the microsofts, intels, dells, etc to start churning the wheels again.

Rolo
06-01-2004, 10:40 PM
That's why I haven't sold off my REYFX fund. It's in the large growth category. Unfortunately, it fell from ranked #1% in category YTD to100% in a month. It is 98% right now, sonow is a good buy point, assuming it still performs well--it should, it is still top 1% for 1-year and 11% for 3-year.