PDA

View Full Version : Update and Request

TSP@ti2de
07-24-2005, 02:07 AM
Haven't checked in for a while; all things considered, TSP could wait. I am 'in country' now, things are getting better all the time, don't believe the media hype.

Leaving home was a disaster. I don't think I'll stay in much past this one except to retire, unless someone can guarantee that after being 'maxed' on deployment days (24 months), I don't have to go anywhere any more. Wait and see, I guess.

I ante'd up my first $5K to the savings plan, should be able to fully fund $10K in a week.

I listened to your advice, and believe that a written plan would demonstrate the best means of reaching compromise. Where can I find one? Thanks!

grandma
07-24-2005, 08:52 AM
The best I have seen is CFCministries.org. The link goes directly to their budget tools page. Their MoneyMatters disc even shows what part of the budget/spending plan you've goofed in when you are showing `out-of-whack.' They also have a call-in talk-show; frequently those who get on air get freebies plus additional information after the show. Another thing - they are greatly appreciative of Servicemen and women.!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_8.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk145YYUS)

http://www.crown.org/tools/default.asp

Best of the market to you & your family!!!

shiftomnimega
07-25-2005, 01:04 AM
I have been pretty lethargic about maxing out my savings deposit plan. I started it up so late in the game that I probablywouldn't receive the 10 percent return anyway.

I'm fully expecting a one year tour to the sandbox once I'm six months off of this tour.

I look at it from the standpoint that I'm still young, unmarried, and can put away some dough for the future so I can sit around and be lazy :^. I can't make this type of money (tax break andcontingency bonuses added) back in the states unless I get two jobs or start robbing banks.

I don't know about you, sir, but the enlisted life is truly for the single and youthful. It would NEVER happen, but they really should consider makingenlistment mandatory for three years or whatever like most other countries do. A lot of these experiences (even in drilling status)I feel have truly shaped my life and made me somewhat closer to being a complete citizen and person in general.

TSP@ti2de
07-25-2005, 04:19 AM
Yep, but I gotta tell ya, I'm only 25% into this tour, and it wears on everybody.

Don't do it after you get married. I left my wife a tired, sobbing, heap on the couch.

That sucked. Enjoy your youth, and go to OCS if you wanna get paid on these gigs.

Show-me
07-25-2005, 05:15 AM
shiftomnimega wrote:
I don't know about you, sir, but the enlisted life is truly for the single and youthful. It would NEVER happen, but they really should consider makingenlistment mandatory for three years or whatever like most other countries do. A lot of these experiences (even in drilling status)I feel have truly shaped my life and made me somewhat closer to being a complete citizen and person in general.

Amen brother on all points.

I figured it up once and in 6 years of military service I spent no more than 30 days in a row at my home base. Hard life but it did make me a better person.

Semper Fi