PDA

View Full Version : Another day like yesterday and I'll be back in

Mr. Duke
04-14-2004, 06:07 AM
:^ Wednesday 14th...Fair value compared to futures are all looking for a negative opening...Everything overseas looking down.... Hang Sen especially is way down,however, its weighted value of the I is minimal.......

Currently for the month each fund has the following gain/loss as per my Quattro Pro Spreadsheet.

F- currently -1.76%for the month and itlost .40% yesterday

C - currently .34%for the month and it lost 1.41% yesterday

S - currently -.61%for the month and it lost 1.87% yesterday

I - currently .82% for the month and it lost 1.09% yesterday

It is absolutely frustrating to watch reaction to news sometimes...Although I understand the reasoning it is still absolute frustration....ie; Job news is positive so investers sell off for fears of rate hikes... that is a positive thing reflecting an improving economy....Now on the other hand if the jobs reports or any other economic indicator was negative they would still sell off for fears that the economy was not improving....some of the institutions that just sold off yesterday will be back in today (nice profit taking) but for the most part it is a bunch of psyco analitical b.s....The rates will not go the next day, nor next week nor even within the month...Good economic news/indicators should be rewarded by investers with a pop and buying session....Ho Hum....Blah Blah Blah... time to go to work....If you like the input of up and down percentages let me know. I can do the inputs a couple of times a week..... Like my previous topic......I only look to achieve 2.5-30% monthly in either c,s, or I and then hide in the G...and only stay in the stockfunds long enough to achieve my goal.... It's a plan :dude: Hi Louis, & Tom (Duke Rocks)

tsptalk
04-14-2004, 06:34 AM
Thanks for the stats Mr. D. Periodic updates would be great.

I agree trying to base "trades" or allocation on news is tough. That's why I like to use the sentiment indicators. Also why buy the rumor, sell the news works. If we get a rate hike, which is what everyone fears, you'd expect the market to go down. But, since the market is going down on the rumors of a hike, you may want to buy the "bad news". Be careful of the first knee jerk reaction to this type of news. It's usually emotional money that isn't always right.

If this wasn't a presidential election year I think we may have seen the hike already. I'm not sure how Greenie will play this. If he doesn't raise rates soon, the looming hike may hurt the market because he will fall behind the curve and have to make larger hikes in the future.

Thanks,
Tom

thinks
04-14-2004, 11:45 AM
Interesting post. I'm new here and just looking around and trying to figure things out that I'd be interested in seeing your input updates for learning purposes and putting all the other info all together. Thanks!

tsptalk
04-14-2004, 12:04 PM
Welcome thinks!

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for joining us.
Tom

fabijo
10-02-2008, 03:05 PM
:I only look to achieve 2.5-30% monthly in either c,s, or I and then hide in the G...and only stay in the stockfunds long enough to achieve my goal....

Some wisdom right there. It might be a way to deal with these IFT limits.

ATCJeff
10-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Some wisdom right there. It might be a way to deal with these IFT limits.

Fabijo your digging deep today. It's amazing how a post from 2004 can be applied to today's market!:D

fabijo
10-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Fabijo your digging deep today. It's amazing how a post from 2004 can be applied to today's market!:D

I know. I'm reading posts from before I joined and it's funny to find some pretty relevant info floating around there.

Birchtree
10-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Yes, 04 and 05 were essentially basing years and then came 06 and 07 both good money making years. We know what has happened in 08 now let's wait on 09. I bet it will be Tom terrific.

ATCJeff
10-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Yes, 04 and 05 were essentially basing years and then came 06 and 07 both good money making years. We know what has happened in 08 now let's wait on 09. I bet it will be Tom terrific.

There is no way 09 will be like 04, 05, 06 or 07. Maybe like 08!:D Your a optimist Birchy. Though I am on the train. Someone tell the conductor it's time to leave the station.

Birchtree
10-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Hey, I'm in no rush as long as I can pull ample dividends - if we trend sideways that's fine and if we explode out of nowhere I'm on for the ride too. There is still plenty of liquidity available and the hedge funds are adding to the pile. The TICK has still been putting in all time highs which measures the amount of money coming into the market - it's just difficult for me to call this a bear market when record amounts of money are still entering the market.

JOVARN
10-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Did we forget that the average consumer is BROKE. And they cannot borrow from there homes and credit cards are maxed out. who wil drive the economy. Maybe the CEO's will give some of their millions back. The credit card bust followed by a bail out is yet to surface. DOW 12000 will be the new 14000 if we are lucky

JOVARN
10-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Getting the popcorn on the stove. The debate is about to begin.
G.L to all

Miss_Piggy
10-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Getting the popcorn on the stove. The debate is about to begin.
G.L to all
Hey, I was going to say the same thing! I think I said enough for the day. http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj217/mptsp/smileys/signs/goodnite.gif ALL!