Page 39 of 61 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: userque's Account talk

Blog Entries

Default Re: userque's Account talk

Quote Originally Posted by FogSailing View Post
    Q: He sounds like a real time Hari Seldon from Asimov's old Foundation trilogy books..remember psychohistory..

FS
    Right! I think you'd like it
    [COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=comic sans ms][I]"In the land of idiots, the moron is King."--Unknown[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

Blog Entries

"The House of Rothschild" 1934. For those that like looking at stuff like this: Bond trading scenes on the stock exchange floor.

IMDB
    The House of Rothschild (1934) - IMDb

Because it takes a little know-how to safely deal with some videos posted on the internet, I will not provide a video link. You'll have to find the links yourself. Some are easy to find. Some are not.
    [COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=comic sans ms][I]"In the land of idiots, the moron is King."--Unknown[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

Blog Entries

CARTOON: How the FBI cracked the iPhone

2.jpg

Blog Entries

VIDEO: Bulls vs Bears
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=kHawmZbapjU

I just started watching this. The first guy they're interviewing is a futures trader: Rambo John . Seems interesting enough, so I've posted it here.

EDIT: The uploader never uploaded part 3, so here is another link to the whole documentary. Slightly poorer quality though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xyI...&nohtml5=False

Blog Entries

AUDIO: Ep. 417: Robert Carver Interview with Michael Covel on Trend Following Radio
    Trend Following with Michael Covel: Ep. 417: Robert Carver Interview with Michael Covel on Trend Following Radio

"...It was at this time that he was introduced to quantitative trading and began thinking of finance in a systematic way. He later went back to AHL, working there from 2006-2013.

Robert doesn’t tout systematic trading as the only way to trade. He says there are some great traders out there that aren’t systematic traders. However, the majority of people need a system to be successful. So how does Robert define a system? He says a system must be objective, repeatable, and transferable. If you can’t get the same results using a different person then it is not a true system. The rules must be transferable from one person to another and the results must be objective and repeatable. Most do not have a good understanding of statistics, and they get confused in thinking that the more complicated a system is, the better it must be. ..."

Blog Entries

IMAGE:
    1.jpg

Hi Q. Came across this article. Personally, people can poke all the fun they want at AI. It's happening and getter better and better and better. I find it simply fascinating that there is a potential to create a thinking AI. Why not. All things evolve.

Captionbot is another AI from Microsoft, and it's not doing so hot either - Yahoo Finance

FS
    FogSailing
    Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FogSailing View Post
    Hi Q. Came across this article. Personally, people can poke all the fun they want at AI. It's happening and getter better and better and better. I find it simply fascinating that there is a potential to create a thinking AI. Why not. All things evolve.

Captionbot is another AI from Microsoft, and it's not doing so hot either - Yahoo Finance

FS
    Thanks FS, I just read the article. I suspect the bot is in the learning phase. The public is teaching it, free of charge. One day, the bots will be laughing at us.

Blog Entries

IMAGE: I don't need an algo to tell me what this looks like:

I'm thinking crest of a tsunami...

FS
    FogSailing
    Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.

Blog Entries

CARTOON:

Blog Entries

IMAGE: Never give up trying to beat the markets:
    1.jpg

Page 39 of 61 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast