Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: weatherweenie's account talk

Default Re: weatherweenie's account talk

Quote Originally Posted by weatherweenie View Post
    I'm back from my great South American adventure. Miss me? Didn't think so. I'm glad that I decided to park in the G fund while I was gone. Has anyone found out what happened to Birchtree?
    WW,

We are, too !!!

So where are some pictures ???

Stoplight...
    "Too old to rock and roll...too young to die"... - I. Anderson

Weatherweenie's Account Talk
    Teddy Roosevelt: Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official. Retired on November 30, 2023 with 30+ years of service.

Teddy Roosevelt: Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official. Retired on November 30, 2023 with 30+ years of service.

20150908_121632.jpg
    Salineras. Over 4,000 salt flats.

WW,

Great shots !!! Thanks for sharing !!! We didn't see Moray...

Looks like you got a nice sunny day in Machu Picchu...we had RAIN !!! Note to self : DO NOT wear smooth sole shoes when walking on steps !!! Clouds never quite cleared the peaks...

Did you go north from Cusco, up to the Amazon ? Not sure where Salineras is !!! We went south...Puno and Lake Titikaka, and the "Floating Islands"

Mixed results on the altitude effect !!! We all were taking Diamox/acetazolamide...started taking it 2 days before we left Lima...Not sure if it helped or not, 'cause we had no "baseline" to compare to !!! OTOH, we didn't puke, or get WAY out of it ! All felt a little woozy and light-headed at first, and all sucking air, but that's a given, at 12,000 feet !!! I think the drug helped a LOT, although the Kid had the "numbness"/"tingling" side effect...she freaked one night, when her face felt like she was coming out of a Novacaine shot !!! It only happened when the day's dosage was wearing off...I didn't have any sulfa drug allergy effect...a good thing !!!

Stoplight...
    Last edited by Stoplight; 10-06-2015 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Added weather comment ! After all, it's Weather Weenie's thread !!!

We had a great time, especially seeing all the sites we did in the Sacred Valley.

Machu Picchu was actually kind of a downer for me, as I woke up that morning with the equivalent of Montezuma's revenge. We started climbing Machu Picchu mountain, got about 2/3 of the way up and I told the wife, I can make it up, but I don't think I could make it down. It's incredible how high, and how many, steps the short Incas made.

Throughout the entire trip, we lucked out and had good weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoplight View Post
    WW,

Great shots !!! Thanks for sharing !!! We didn't see Moray...

Looks like you got a nice sunny day in Machu Picchu...we had RAIN !!! Note to self : DO NOT wear smooth sole shoes when walking on steps !!! Clouds never quite cleared the peaks...

Did you go north from Cusco, up to the Amazon ? Not sure where Salineras is !!! We went south...Puno and Lake Titikaka, and the "Floating Islands"

Mixed results on the altitude effect !!! We all were taking Diamox/acetazolamide...started taking it 2 days before we left Lima...Not sure if it helped or not, 'cause we had no "baseline" to compare to !!! OTOH, we didn't puke, or get WAY out of it ! All felt a little woozy and light-headed at first, and all sucking air, but that's a given, at 12,000 feet !!! I think the drug helped a LOT, although the Kid had the "numbness"/"tingling" side effect...she freaked one night, when her face felt like she was coming out of a Novacaine shot !!! It only happened when the day's dosage was wearing off...I didn't have any sulfa drug allergy effect...a good thing !!!

Stoplight...

WW,

I hear ya !!! We struggled with various "gastric upsets", although we were careful NOT to eat anything Sonja said not to eat !!! I think a lot of mine was just nerves !!! "Imodium is your Friend" !

The Wife and I KNEW we couldn't do the mountain at Machu Picchu...so we didn't even try !!! We had a private tour guide for 2 hours, but the Wife screwed up her knee...we had to hang around the lower levels. Talked the Kid into going with the Guide, and seeing a lot of other stuff...the deal was, she'd bring back great pictures !!! When she came back, she and I left the Wife, and saw a few of the other nearby sights together ! Too cool !!!

The rest of the trip, the weather was great !!! Even the Kid said : "OMG !!! It's sunny in Lima !!!" Guess that's not "normal" for this time of year !

Stoplight...

Thank you Veterans!

they are all peaceful until they read/learn that they must KILL OR BE KILLED by any means necessary to get into their heaven.
    "Our Constitution was made only for a Moral and Religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the goverment of any other." John Adams 10/11/1798

Obama Drops The Ball With Proposed 1.6% Pay Raise For Federal Workers - TheStreet

Obama Drops The Ball With Proposed 1.6% Pay Raise For Federal Workers

"For six consecutive years, federal employees received no locality increases to their pay, and for three of those years they received no pay raise at all. Since 2010, the inflation-adjusted value of federal wages and salaries has fallen by 6.5%, leaving all federal employees with a lower standard of living than they had at the start of the decade.

Obama Drops The Ball With Proposed 1.6% Pay Raise For Federal Workers - TheStreet

Obama Drops The Ball With Proposed 1.6% Pay Raise For Federal Workers

"For six consecutive years, federal employees received no locality increases to their pay, and for three of those years they received no pay raise at all. Since 2010, the inflation-adjusted value of federal wages and salaries has fallen by 6.5%, leaving all federal employees with a lower standard of living than they had at the start of the decade.
    Elections have consequences

Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast