Page 87 of 93 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast
Results 1,033 to 1,044 of 1109

Thread: Dr Faustus's Account Talk

Blog Entries

Default Re: Dr Faustus's Account Talk

Quote Originally Posted by RealMoneyIssues View Post
    100% What? G F C S I ?
    What is "G" for $500?
    [COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=comic sans ms][I]"In the land of idiots, the moron is King."--Unknown[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by userque View Post
    What is "G" for $500?
    Yeah, Im sorry ... 100% G
    To get to the light at the end of the tunnel, you have to be willing to face the train.

My charts are giving me a buy signal for the S fund today. But ... I dunno, I don't think we're done with the Greek thing yet. And today looks a little lackluster, so ... I'm gonna continue to sit in G today.
    To get to the light at the end of the tunnel, you have to be willing to face the train.

7. Default Re: Dr Faustus's Account Talk

Quote Originally Posted by DrFaustus View Post
    My charts are giving me a buy signal for the S fund today. But ... I dunno, I don't think we're done with the Greek thing yet. And today looks a little lackluster, so ... I'm gonna continue to sit in G today.
    My chart had a SELL signal yesterday. Made some money and got out before noon yesterday. S Fund is back above the 50 and 20 day EMA.

There may be some gains the remainder of this week, but I doubt any positive 200 pt days from dow in near future. I think the Bears and Bulls are in reset mode trying to figure out what exactly happened in the last 2 weeks. Volume should be light unless some major news from Yellen, Mid East, Asia markets, Greeks, Germans
    As of 08-28-2015 ....... 100% G Fund

On Friday, Ric Edelman reported on his radio program that the TSP had voted to make another fund available for investors. I believe he called it the "SIP" fund. Apparently it allows TSP investors to invest in various green programs. He also advised against doing so. Just passing along what I heard ...

Hey Intrepid -- Congrats on the great level of return so far this year!

You're only ahead of me by about 17% ... I'm coming after you, man! : )

Blog Entries

Hey Intrepid -- Congrats on the great level of return so far this year!

You're only ahead of me by about 17% ... I'm coming after you, man! : )
    Thanks. I'll keep an eye on you

Well, am getting conflicting signals on the S fund ... one of my charts says to buy, another says to wait and see. So I don't know. Ah, the joys of playing around with a system.

Anyway, that's the latest ...

Blog Entries

Well, am getting conflicting signals on the S fund ... one of my charts says to buy, another says to wait and see. So I don't know. Ah, the joys of playing around with a system.

Split the baby
    [COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=comic sans ms][I]"In the land of idiots, the moron is King."--Unknown[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

Is that because of the rollercoaster ride of the S Fund today or is your system longer term then that?

I like the split the baby idea: 50% S Fund 50% on hold.
    Allocations as of COB Dec 28 : 100% S. | Retirement Date:Dec 2025
    Past Returns:
    2020 31.85%,2019 27.97%,2018 -3.36%,2017 13.10%, 2016 -1.79%, 5Yr Avg 12.61%

My God ... the freefall continues. Best place to be is probably the F fund but G ain't bad either. Wow.

Several years ago, I got into an interesting discussion with another "TSP Talkster" ... I believe his name was Father Felse. He was from someplace in South Carolina down around Clemson.

Anyway, he had an interesting approach to tracking and fitting numbers to the TSP fund data. Rather than using each trading day as a point, he was using calendar days. Let me see if I
    can explain. Earlier this week, we had a TSP holiday: Martin Luther King day. So his price chart ( for the S fund ) looked like this:

Chart1.jpg

Whereas if you used a data point for each TRADING day, the chart looks like this:

Chart2.jpg

Concentrate on the lower right of the charts. You'll see that using calendar days for your data points adds a calming influence on the charts - big swings taking place over the weekends or holidays are leveled out somewhat.
    Which idea is correct? I dunno ... I think an argument can be made for both methods. But here's the salient point of this discussion ...

If you use the Calendar Days method, the S fund is signaling a BUY status, meaning it might be time to get back in. If you use the Trading Days method, the S-fund is signaling an ALERT ... meaning a change is possible.

Dan

Page 87 of 93 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast