Page 160 of 171 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast
Results 1,909 to 1,920 of 2051

Thread: Frixxxx's Account Talk!

Default Re: Frixxxx's Account Talk!

Updating things and had time to post.
    i. Read all threads I'm assigned as a moderator -
    ii. Researched some information about driving cross country.
    1. Changed signature to match AT.
    2. Posted this thread with a video to show how I think things are going right now in the world.

THIS IS WHERE I WOULD PUT SOMETHING TO REPRESENT MY THINKING, BUT THEN THEY SHOW UP!
    Tracker =
    Check my position

Stinking desert valley of bad air quality, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by Frixxxx View Post
    Updating things and had time to post.
    i. Read all threads I'm assigned as a moderator -
    ii. Researched some information about driving cross country.
    1. Changed signature to match AT.
    2. Posted this thread with a video to show how I think things are going right now in the world.

Fascinating video link. Distributed power, watching the slack take up and reverse. Of course the kid in me wants to see how fast it will go before self destructing.

Is your retirement ceremony Saturday? Be proud of your time served. Try not to think about how it is probably the last time you will wear those blues.

Make the best of your trip trip SD and keep us posted.

Best of luck in the new location and thank you for your service both as a civilian and military member.

PO

Ditto!!!

FS

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    FogSailing
    Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.

Quote Originally Posted by PessOptimist View Post
    Is your retirement ceremony Saturday? Be proud of your time served. Try not to think about how it is probably the last time you will wear those blues.
    Make the best of your trip trip SD and keep us posted.
    Best of luck in the new location and thank you for your service both as a civilian and military member.

PO
    Quote Originally Posted by FogSailing View Post
    Ditto!!!
    FS
    Thanks, you two! I get to wear my blues often as I perform many TOP 3 responsibilities and encourage the wear. Saturday is the day!
    I'm now planning the route and booking hotels for the trip. My wife will fly from Atlanta and start picking the place we're going to rent.

I do have news on the job front. I love my job as Lead Systems Engineer for this company, but I've been selected for an interview as a GS-14 in San Diego. I would love to come back into civil service because of what it does for the project I'm on and what it does for my family. So, changes could be a coming!

I accepted an offer on the house, they're pre-approved so hopefully the house sale is an exercise in patience and paperwork.

I will be finalizing my retirement script tonight. Hard to write when it brings up many memories.

Still waiting for the market to settle, hoping we're at a bottom and not a resting place before another drop. We'll see.
    THIS IS WHERE I WOULD PUT SOMETHING TO REPRESENT MY THINKING, BUT THEN THEY SHOW UP!
    Tracker =
    Check my position

Stinking desert valley of bad air quality, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by Frixxxx View Post
    Thanks, you two! I get to wear my blues often as I perform many TOP 3 responsibilities and encourage the wear. Saturday is the day!
    I'm now planning the route and booking hotels for the trip. My wife will fly from Atlanta and start picking the place we're going to rent.

I do have news on the job front. I love my job as Lead Systems Engineer for this company, but I've been selected for an interview as a GS-14 in San Diego. I would love to come back into civil service because of what it does for the project I'm on and what it does for my family. So, changes could be a coming!

I accepted an offer on the house, they're pre-approved so hopefully the house sale is an exercise in patience and paperwork.

I will be finalizing my retirement script tonight. Hard to write when it brings up many memories.

Still waiting for the market to settle, hoping we're at a bottom and not a resting place before another drop. We'll see.
    Enjoy Saturday and while I realize you do not go back as far as I do and this song was ancient in my time, it has always been my favorite. Schmaltzy and many versions available. I chose this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL3Pxc4v0ZA

Yeah I know it is all about zipper suited sun gods but we all knew who kept it working.

About your trip-likely you are not taking a scenic route and will end up on I-10 in AZ taking I-8 at Casa Grande. There are some truly strange things going on with shootings on I-10 in the Phoenix area. So just avoid it. So far nothing reported on the I-10/I-8 route which is far south of Phoenix.

Stay safe, good trip.

PO

I always liked this one:

It's Official!

I am now a retired veteran! Woohoo! Don't get paid for another 13 years, but no more haircuts and uniforms!

House inspection last night uncovered a few things, I don't have to repair the items but I already made the arrangements on two of them. other things like door latches and other small things, I will wait for the report.

Making all the travel arrangements tonight! Wife goes a week before me, hopefully to secure a condo for a year so I can back the truck up when I get there and unload what's left of our inventory! Can you say DOWNSIZING!

Nice bump in the market but need major support to lift the line comfortably!

Peace out all!
    Tracker =
    Check my position

Congratulations Frixxxx that's one thing you don't have to do anymore, that has to be a relief!! 47?

Yep, 47!
    Tracker =
    Check my position

Congratulations Frixxxx and welcome to the retired veterans club. I've been a member now for going on 5 years. One thing I can't get used to though is letting my hair grow out. I guess some habits just never go away.

I resently took a little day trip to Dover AFB to visit the AMC museum there. Upon entering the base, the airman checking my ID said "Have a nice day Senior". God that felt good to hear that again.

Congratulations again on your retirement and thanks for your service. But I bet just like me, it's the little things you will miss.
    "the biggest mistake that traders make is to let these short-term trades turn into longer-term investments when they don’t work." RevShark

Very happy for you Frixx!! Congratulations!!!

FS
    FogSailing
    Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.

Congrats Frixxxx.... when you decide to vacation on the Riviera, give me a shout and we'll go have a beer. Good luck in all you do my friend!!!
    Which one of you nuts has got any guts? -- Randle P. McMurphy
    ... stupidity will always find a way. -- Nnuut

Page 160 of 171 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast