Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: MrBowl's Account Talk

Default Re: MrBowl's Account Talk

I had moved back into the S Fund in mid Feb after seeing the market rise 2.5% in the time that I was out, so I got frustrated and moved back in. Since then the market has been up and down, but overall its about where it was when I moved back in.

My gut feeling is that regardless of the Fed's language today, the market will probably trend downward in the coming days/weeks, so I moved to the G.

As always, I could be wrong on this, and I have another IFT to move back in if I need to this month. I wouldn't recommend that anyone else follow my moves anyway until/if I can put together a long track record of success.

Sounds like a good plan to me. That was my plan but I jumped the gun and got out last Friday and then got back in but I would much rather be in your position.

If it starts to trend downward tomorrow then you exited on the perfect day.
    CURRENTLY 50% C and 50% S (as of COB 04/18/2024) 2nd April IFT

There's always a chance that I will be sitting on my rear end in the Garage (G fund) watching you two and everyone else rocketing upward. Time will tell

I thought "Now that this is behind us the market is free to move downward or even correct", but the market has a mind of its own and it might be more correct to say "now that this is behind us the market is free to surge upward to new highs".

One way or another, I hope everyone here does well.

nice move on your out today. that's good money you got in your pocket not on this wild table now. if there is a strong open tomorrow i think i am following you.
    100g

Bowl,

Nice "out and back in" move
    CURRENTLY 50% C and 50% S (as of COB 04/18/2024) 2nd April IFT

Thanks! So far, so good. However, Its only the 8th and I can only go to the G at this point. So it will be a miracle if I can hold on to 1st till the end of the month.

Easy come, easy go. Well, I didn't reach 9+% up for the year in late June that easily. But, it sure has flown out the window with no trouble.

I think I may still be slightly positive for the year after today, and I bailed. I was stubborn and gave up almost all of my gains in the past 7 weeks. We never stop learning lessons here. #1 is always not to get too confident. It's a brand new ballgame and the only way to approach it is with enthusiasm.

My feeling is that lower lows are coming. I believe any up days in the near future will be false turnarounds. Perhaps my buy back in day will be next week, perhaps in sept. As always, we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBowl View Post
    Easy come, easy go. Well, I didn't reach 9+% up for the year in late June that easily. But, it sure has flown out the window with no trouble.

I think I may still be slightly positive for the year after today, and I bailed. I was stubborn and gave up almost all of my gains in the past 7 weeks. We never stop learning lessons here. #1 is always not to get too confident. It's a brand new ballgame and the only way to approach it is with enthusiasm.

My feeling is that lower lows are coming. I believe any up days in the near future will be false turnarounds. Perhaps my buy back in day will be next week, perhaps in sept. As always, we shall see.
    Negative year to date returns begin at # 398 on the autotracker. For 979 non premium service members, that's just pathetic.
    "the biggest mistake that traders make is to let these short-term trades turn into longer-term investments when they don’t work." RevShark

Having puts and stops, more trades, more funds, more service and better access to avoid bad days would make a tremendous difference. We're not able to move out of a bad situation fast enough because the system is archaic. Hurts everyone. I was amazed at all the blood in the streets I saw when I visited the Tracker yesterday. I haven't visited today.

FS
    FogSailing
    Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.

You have to watch big losses like this, they set up a trap sometimes with a day up to draw in the suckers and continue down the next, Wait for conformation of the bottom, you may lose a day or two of gains while waiting but it's mostly the smartest thing to do.

What do you think will happen in Asia and Europe Sunday night? I bet they react negatively to our plunge. Then we start out negative Monday and maybe turn around 2nd half of Monday, possibly finishing Monday positive. Don't be fooled by an up day. This could go on for several days or a few weeks, in my opinion.

I won't buy back in until after two consecutive up days. Of course, the global picture is what is driving this and how much will be resolved by Monday afternoon?

I've seen articles and talking heads for months talk about an eventual correction, and most traders get tired of waiting as the tumble fails to materialize. Dips are bought and soon forgotten. When the correction finally happens many are caught off guard. It's the way these things typically go.

One other consideration is that the speed and momentum of this move could possibly be a fat tail event. So much trading is done by computer algorithms that may not handle fat tail events well, and that could make the knife fall further.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast