Page 334 of 375 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334335336344 ... LastLast
Results 3,997 to 4,008 of 4489

Thread: MrJohnRoss' Account Talk

Default Re: MrJohnRoss' Account Talk

also, the autotracker tracks an individual's performance as today minus yesterday divided by yesterday. it does not track i fund today minus i fund yesterday divided by i fund yesterday (unless you are the i fund.) god i am soo good at math but suck at explaining it. no offense sir.
    100g

I think your ageing bull analogy is exactly right. However I am hoping for enough market momentum to keep the bull going for the next 30 days. But who knows. I could roll dice and have more luck half the time. If Monday or Tuesday don't move in positive territory, I think I'll be back on the lily pad again. At close today S and c funds appear to have good momentum, reasonable RSI and MACD, and volume. One can only hope.

Thanks for sharing your analysis on the Dow. I agree the market has been treading water for some time.

FS
    FogSailing
    Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.

Quote Originally Posted by burrocrat View Post
    the gain today is calculated as a percentage of a person's ytd total, in four decimal places. the autotracker represents it as two decimal places. mystery solved.
    also, the autotracker tracks an individual's performance as today minus yesterday divided by yesterday. it does not track i fund today minus i fund yesterday divided by i fund yesterday (unless you are the i fund.) god i am soo good at math but suck at explaining it. no offense sir.
    Hmmm... well, there are five individuals who have held the I Fund throughout 2015 without any IFT's. Some have a gain yesterday of 0.37% and some have a gain of 0.38%. Math cannot explain that. My guess is that there's a programming error involved somewhere.
    CURRENT ALLOCATION: 100% I AS OF C.O.B. 5/22/2017

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrJohnRoss View Post
    The Stock Market is in the Process of a Major Top! ~ Brad Gudgeon

"Ideally, we should see a final top on June 3, 2015 near SPX 2200 (max) and a drop to under 1670 by around June 29..."

Hmmmm... that's about a 25% drop. That would shake up a few people, wouldn't it.
    No one is exact all the time, but if this is even close...
    [COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=comic sans ms][I]"In the land of idiots, the moron is King."--Unknown[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

4 digits does not a rounding error make when the autotracker displays only 2. if today's gain plus ytd = +xx.0049% you get 0.37. if it = xx.0051% you get 0.38. all your (pretend autotracker money) is still there. the difference is pennies in how it is represented.
    An old programing trick was to have the rounding alternate at .005 one time up the next down. That could explain why some have a .37% and other got a .38%.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by markmars View Post
    An old programing trick was to have the rounding alternate at .005 one time up the next down. That could explain why some have a .37% and other got a .38%.
    True, but that trick is not the best option for a contest. There is no concern for an accumulation of rounding errors in this case.
    [COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=comic sans ms][I]"In the land of idiots, the moron is King."--Unknown[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

100% G Fund as of C.O.B. 06/09/15.

100% F Fund as of C.O.B. 08/07/15.

For those of you who like to "buy & hold" stocks, you may want to keep your eye on the long term timing system that I've shown before. Here's an updated look. It may just keep you out of the big bear markets.

We've just met the first condition for a sell signal, which is when the Stoch RSI reaches 0.00. That's the first time we've hit that level since the 2008-2009 bear market. All that remains is the weekly 10/50 MA crossover to create the official sell signal. Looks like it's creeping ever closer. I just added the PMO window this morning, so you can use that as a confirmation if/when it crosses the zero line.

$SPX weekly timing.png

Good luck!
    Last edited by nnuut; 08-10-2015 at 01:48 PM.

Can you show us more charts, please? For F, S and I? Pretty please?

MJR
    thanks for the heads up. I'm definitely a buy n hold but I remember someone mention the S&p dropping to 2067 and that would be another indicator or drop dead point. There are several things in addition to that which is really making me think on a first move out in over at least 3 years. September being historically one of the worst months. Also the Fed and the global situation. Thanks again and will u please post again when the ema crosses over?

This is quite a graph. It says a lot. I definitely plan to be out for September but this may have me out before then.

Thank you!

Page 334 of 375 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334335336344 ... LastLast