Page 318 of 375 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328368 ... LastLast
Results 3,805 to 3,816 of 4489

Thread: MrJohnRoss' Account Talk

Default Re: MrJohnRoss' Account Talk

1. Historically, here's what we have to look forward to for the markets this coming week:

Tuesday is especially bullish, with the S&P up 67% of the time.
    Thursday is especially bearish, with the S&P up only 38% of the time.
    Friday is expiration day, so expect lots of volatility.

2. I've developed a new timing system. It's based on the NYSE tick. Here's a chart of the $tick:

$tick.png

I realize it looks like a bunch of static, but I'd like to share with those of you who are interested, how I developed a timing system using this data in a future post. It's produced seven buy and sell signals over the past year, and each one has been successful in getting into the market on an upswing, and out of the market on a downswing. Stay tuned, and I'll try to post this info when I get enough time.

Good luck to us!
    CURRENT ALLOCATION: 100% I AS OF C.O.B. 5/22/2017

Thanks John!

Looks interesting. Especially interesting to see the cluster of red last October. Thanks!

I think we may need those cardboard glasses with the red and blue lenses to see it correctly...
    50% S, 50% C 06 Mar, was 100% G; 80% S 20% C COB 08 Jan '24; 100% G COB 14 Nov; was 100% C COB 31 Oct (Boo!); was 100% G COB 12 Oct; was 50% C, 50% S COB 22 Jun; Life is good!

While the markets are floating around near the zero line, the big news today is the HUGE jump in interest rates. 10 Year Treasury yields were up +6.14%, to 2.145%. Remember when they were just 1.666% around Feb 1?

Looks like the F Fund is going to get a good smashing today. Seems that I made a call for a top in the F Fund on another thread a few weeks back, but missed the timing by about a week or so.

Stay tuned, because these things go in cycles. As Bob Dylan sang, "The Times They Are a Changin".

It's the moment of truth for the NYSE Composite Index:

NYSE.png

Personally, I think the resistance line will be broken soon, and most likely will become a future support line.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrJohnRoss View Post
    It's the moment of truth for the NYSE Composite Index:

NYSE.png

Personally, I think the resistance line will be broken soon, and most likely will become a future support line.
    Looks too good to be true, I'll join the "fake the break of the neckline, than breakthrough the 2nd time" club
    Retired, 55G/15C/15S/15I (Paper Trading)_ BLOG: Stats for March, Stats for Q1, 2024 Stats

Quote Originally Posted by JTH View Post
    Looks too good to be true, I'll join the "fake the break of the neckline, than breakthrough the 2nd time" club
    Suddenly, this song started going through my little noggin...

"Break On Through To The Other Side" ~ The Doors

Updated 60 minute chart of the S&P 500:

spx.png

After breaking out of the box to the upside several weeks ago, we all knew the angle of projection was unsustainable. At this point, the market appears to be consolidating before it's next move higher. I'm not expecting a market downturn, at least not a downturn of any significance. Most of the indices are at or near 52 week highs. Consumer discretionary stocks are outperforming consumer staples, and the S&P Equal Weight Index is outperforming the S&P, just to name a few positives.

It appears to me that this market is running on all cylinders. I'm staying the course.

Good luck to us.

I hope your analysis is correct but hope we go sideways or a little down into March so I can get fully vested before the run up!

The I Fund is going gangbusters today, thanks to the news that the Eurogroup has supposedly reached an accord to give the Greeks an extension. Basically, it looks like they are kicking the can down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by soon2retire View Post
    I hope your analysis is correct but hope we go sideways or a little down into March so I can get fully vested before the run up!
    I think the rally will continue a little bit, but I'm starting to get a little more cautious. Today's move up the fear & greed index at 80, putting it in extreme greed territory. Usually when it reaches this level it continues up for a few days - week or 2 then pulls back. Early march might be a bad time to get in. But then again, who knows what'll happen?

I don't check my charts until the middle of the month, but I go based off intermediate & long-term momentum, it's looking like I'll also be staying C fund for march. So if there's a pullback I'll be feeling that pain for the short term as well. But that's all good, the end game is all that matters to me

Page 318 of 375 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328368 ... LastLast