Page 83 of 93 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr Faustus's Account Talk

Default Re: Dr Faustus's Account Talk

Wow ... I haven't processed today's figures ( 1/5/15 ) yet but I can't imagine they're going to change the allocation : still 100% F.
    To get to the light at the end of the tunnel, you have to be willing to face the train.

Clemso and MarkC seem to have made the right choice for today. It was almost certainly the right call for the short term but will it cost them over the longer haul? Time will tell. At any rate, the charts are telling me to stay the course, so I am remaining 100%F for the moment.
    To get to the light at the end of the tunnel, you have to be willing to face the train.

Today's charts are indicating an ALERT signal, signifying a possible change in allocation. However, they gave an ALERT even if the market went to the strong upside ( a +3 sigma change ). Bottom line, now might be a good time to get in and get ahead of the curves but I think caution is still warranted. Besides, letting my gut feel override my system is a surefire way of destroying the system. So I'm going to keep a watchful eye on the market, there might be a change coming up in the not too distant future. Or not. : ) Still 100% F today

Am still getting an ALERT signal from my charts which indicates that it's not quite ready to change over to a BUY signal yet. Another day like today and I think we'll be there.

For those who might be watching these posts, I want to reiterate a couple of things. 1) Am trying to work my system so am trying to ignore my gut feel on when to get in / out of the market. 2 ) My goal (and I've stated this before) is not to be the top investor on the AutoTracker, but rather to remain "in the hunt" year after year after year. In other words, generate good, solid returns year after year.

Have a good January!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DrFaustus View Post
    Am still getting an ALERT signal from my charts which indicates that it's not quite ready to change over to a BUY signal yet. Another day like today and I think we'll be there.

For those who might be watching these posts, I want to reiterate a couple of things. 1) Am trying to work my system so am trying to ignore my gut feel on when to get in / out of the market. 2 ) My goal (and I've stated this before) is not to be the top investor on the AutoTracker, but rather to remain "in the hunt" year after year after year. In other words, generate good, solid returns year after year.

Have a good January!
    Good stuff, I agree with you that trying to be number #1 on the tracker does not align with having a decent long-term trading system.
    Retired, 55G/15C/15S/15I (Paper Trading)_ BLOG: Stats for March, Stats for Q1, 2024 Stats

Well, my charts are finally saying that I should jump in, so ... 100% S cob today ( 1/26 )

Well, this is typical. The day I get back in, the Market drops 400 points! Anyone have any rope? I may need to borrow 5 or 6 feet ....

At least your in the S and not the C. Better news by the end of the week hopefully!

Quote Originally Posted by DrFaustus View Post
    Well, my charts are finally saying that I should jump in, so ... 100% S cob today ( 1/26 )
    Just one day too early....I hope.

My charts are telling me to get out of the S fund now. Rrrrrr ... back to 100% F cob today.

joys of working a system

The charts say that now is the time to get back in, so .... 100% S Fund cob today (2/5) Personally, I don't know about this ... feels like the wrong move to me. But, that's why we develop these systems - to replace subjectivity with objectivity. Good luck everyone!

Well if you make money the I'll also make money.

Page 83 of 93 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast