Page 172 of 197 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast
Results 2,053 to 2,064 of 2354

Thread: Market News

Default Re: Market News

Wow, how important is today's close?

China cuts interest rates and stocks go bonkers around the world, yet the reason is because their economic picture is getting bleak. That may be sinking in this afternoon.

The close is key!
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

I agree. I jumped into the I Fund yesterday on a whim and if Draghi had kept his mouth shut my wife would call me genius tonight. What happened in GLD today just before lunch to make it fall off a cliff?

Quote Originally Posted by tsptalk View Post
    China cuts interest rates and stocks go bonkers around the world, yet the reason is because their economic picture is getting bleak.
    IKR.
    That was crazy. I suppose there was a bit of herd gathering followed by cooler heads prevailing and more herd gathering.
    In Dog Beers I've only had two.

eyes8.gif
    Hindenburg Omen cries bear market, again

Published: Dec 3, 2014 3:15 p.m. ET

The Hindenburg Omen, which is supposed to warn of an impending stock market crash, is crying wolf—or bear market, in this case -- but investors don’t seem to care.
    And why should they? The bulk of the previous sightings of the infamous technical indicator, which was created by the late Jim Miekka, have failed to lead to any weakness at all, much less a bear market.
    A new Hindenburg Omen appeared after the market closed on Tuesday, according to Tom McClellan, who writes the investment newsletter McClellan Market Report. Meanwhile, the Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, -0.46% edged higher in afternoon trading on Wednesday. The benchmark was on track to close at an all-time high for the 33rd time this year, despite multiple Hindenburg Omen appearances over the last 12 months. [more]
    Hindenburg Omen cries bear market, again - MarketWatch

I got out since Nov 13th and have been itching to get back in. I was just about jumping in head first yesterday. Thank gawd, my itch was gone today. Anyway, anyone got a crystal ball for Thursday, or Friday?

VIX is not where it was during the last capitulation yet.
    Got Beach???

Megaphone pattern is forming on C and S. I fund has been making lower highs and lower lows.

"Bad" is not the right word, but I don't have any good words for it.
    Got Beach???

The New York Fed's Empire State general business conditions index fell to -3.58 in December from November's 10.16 reading, falling to negative territory for the first time since January 2013. Economists polled by Reuters had expected a reading of 12.4 this month.
    Weatherweenie's Account Talk
    Teddy Roosevelt: Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official. Retired on November 30, 2023 with 30+ years of service.

Factory production increased 1.1 percent last month after an upwardly revised 0.4 percent advance in October, the Federal Reserve said on Monday. Economists polled by Reuters had forecast manufacturing output rising by only 0.5 percent in November after a previously reported 0.2 percent gain in October.
    Teddy Roosevelt: Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official. Retired on November 30, 2023 with 30+ years of service.

I'm not sure what happened, but the US futures just took off to the upside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by weatherweenie View Post
    I'm not sure what happened, but the US futures just took off to the upside.
    Music to my ears!

I'm always wary of the futures.

You have a good point. No one can know the future and the past is not a reliable prediction of it either but I'm glad it's up!

Page 172 of 197 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast