Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: PessOptimist's Account Talk

Default Re: PessOptimist's Account Talk

Sorry to hear about your predicament, PO. In my case I'm to blame, so I have to man up to that. The wife gave up a good job as an ATC to marry me, and now that her Controler friends are retiring at their mandatory retirement age she sees it wasn't the wisest choice financially. She still wants to keep me, though, so I must be doing something right.

Good point about the dry dogfood on the dental work. I hadn't thought about that. Something else to consider.
    Allocations as of COB Dec 28 : 100% S. | Retirement Date:Dec 2025
    Past Returns:
    2020 31.85%,2019 27.97%,2018 -3.36%,2017 13.10%, 2016 -1.79%, 5Yr Avg 12.61%

Stinking desert valley of bad air quality, AZ

Non of the suggestion will work. Thanks

Investment opportnities in the TSP. Wow. I haven't been keeping up. Who predicted Tuesday was the day to get out and increase your gains?
    Once again my biweekly allocation bought a high. (Monday) Yes I know someone suggested a way fix that by putting the allocation in G and watching the market every day and making a clever move to help the DCA shares. This still requires using an IFT. Unfortunately my job does not allow me to sit in a chair all day, follow the market and post to TSPTalk when I want. Yeah I know, I've said that before.

It is what it is. All you TA people out there. I realize TA actually should be called HA (history analysis) along with statistal mediums of what may happen when. Some of you speak of it as if it predicts the future. The future some times does mimic the past. There was a gap up on Monday, smaller up and down on Tuesday and Wednesday, big gap down on Thursday. Also many smaller (relatively) gaps last week. I guess most of them were filled by a line. The question is do the big up and down gaps have to be filled by lines or do they negate each other?

Regards
    PO

wtf?

is that a way to make free money?

could you say it in english, please.

Quote Originally Posted by PessOptimist View Post
    Non of the suggestion will work. Thanks

Investment opportnities in the TSP. Wow. I haven't been keeping up. Who predicted Tuesday was the day to get out and increase your gains?
    Once again my biweekly allocation bought a high. (Monday) Yes I know someone suggested a way fix that by putting the allocation in G and watching the market every day and making a clever move to help the DCA shares. This still requires using an IFT. Unfortunately my job does not allow me to sit in a chair all day, follow the market and post to TSPTalk when I want. Yeah I know, I've said that before.

It is what it is. All you TA people out there. I realize TA actually should be called HA (history analysis) along with statistal mediums of what may happen when. Some of you speak of it as if it predicts the future. The future some times does mimic the past. There was a gap up on Monday, smaller up and down on Tuesday and Wednesday, big gap down on Thursday. Also many smaller (relatively) gaps last week. I guess most of them were filled by a line. The question is do the big up and down gaps have to be filled by lines or do they negate each other?

Regards
    PO
    100g

How about that market? Been reading stuff here for about seven years. I can't figure out which of you geniuses to follow.

I do see that things are getting a bit testy in all the threads lately. Chill out people, none of you are right and figuring out the actual return in different ways may not be accurate enough for some of you but if all returns comparisons use the same formula then the outcome is the same? Whatever.

Which one of you can tell me exactly when to go to 100% G and exactly when to go back to 100%C and then back to 100%G etc. so I can be a knowledgeable swing trader? Forget S. Too volatile. Tell me that and I will subscribe to your service or system that is so great. I want at least 30% this year.

Threads that start with *. Interesting but no solutions as usual. And some of the subjects you are using as platforms to state your positions! Amazing a fellow US citizen would post some of that.

Happy investing. I am waiting for replies on when to make that C-G-C... move.

Mindylou recommends you stay with 100% C fund for the next two decades - never go back to the G fund. This information is free.

You want that exact to the day do you? I think the person you want to follow is Marty McFly, but only if Doc Brown has given him the Delorean for the evening.
    Allocations as of COB Dec 28 : 100% S. | Retirement Date:Dec 2025
    Past Returns:
    2020 31.85%,2019 27.97%,2018 -3.36%,2017 13.10%, 2016 -1.79%, 5Yr Avg 12.61%

Quote Originally Posted by PessOptimist View Post
    I am waiting for replies on when to make that C-G-C... move.
    Is that a Tantra Yoga move you're talking about? I don't think I know that move.

Default Re: Pessoptimist's Account Talk

My goal is to be invested 60/20/20 CSI without pulling anything out of S/I. So I am making all my contributions to C until my account evens out. I don't watch the market and I sleep just fine at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Birchtree View Post
    Mindylou recommends you stay with 100% C fund for the next two decades - never go back to the G fund. This information is free.
    Mindylou is a very accommodating pussycat to offer this for free. Pet your pussie the next time you interact and tell her pessoptimist loves all pussies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    You want that exact to the day do you? I think the person you want to follow is Marty McFly, but only if Doc Brown has given him the Delorean for the evening.
    Maybe some kind of Early Edition of a publication showing market performance. A week early would be good, a month great considering the IFT limitations.

What now? Back up maybe to go down. When do I make that clever move C-G-C move to double my balance? I don't think that has any thing to do with any Yogi or the Kama Sutra.

I have some other thoughts but am torn between the day job or patio. Patio it is, been pretty dull there.

I probably will half step the kitty cat recommendation. When has a pussycat ever steered an adult male wrong?

PO

Thought I would resurrect this thread. In spite of what I posted on the patio I am pretty up right now.

I have two children taking the bar exam in two different states today and tomorrow so am on pins and needles about that but of course no one will know the results until October.

What to do? I do actually watch the markets and try to get out if it looks bad. Last time I did that was in late 2008. It worked well. I have read things that say a 30% correction is coming soon. Wouldn’t it be great to get out of the market just before that and buy in at the bottom? If anyone knows the when please share.

In the past I have turned this thread in to a travel blog. I got mixed reviews. On Thursday I go on leave for many hours, like most of my accrued. It wasn't planned like this but is all approved. Stuff just kept coming up.

Already some are questioning this and whining. Fortunately my direct boss told me today to go and enjoy my leave. I really like working for this person. Coworkers are like that. They complain about everything.

Investing wise I will not be able to watch the markets too much, if I come back in September and am down 30%, so be it. The alternative is to put it all in G and have basically the same balance I left with. I will let it ride. WTF, I have 3+ years.

About that travel blog thing I did three years ago. Should I do it again? Should I post a burrocrat type poll?

I am really looking forward to getting away.

PO

Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast