Page 129 of 493 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,537 to 1,548 of 5907

Thread: tsptalk's Market Talk

Default Re: tsptalk's Market Talk

Was a pretty fast reversal. Will be an interesting day for sure now. If Yellen does speak next week will make for an interesting February.

Quote Originally Posted by jkenjohnson View Post
    I should have known the jobs report would suck and drag us all down today. I am so stupid sometimes. News and corresponding exuberance or fear drives the markets, not technical analysis, sentiment etc.....
    I disagree. News produces knee-jerk reactions, but the trend usually - eventually prevails, and technical analysis helps tell us where the market might find support / resistance during these reactions.... and don't get me started on sentiment.
    Last edited by tsptalk; 02-07-2014 at 11:17 AM. Reason: sp.
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

Quote Originally Posted by tsptalk View Post
    I disagree. News produces knee-jerk reactions, but the trend usually - eventually prevails, and technical analysis helps tell us where the market will might support / resistance during these reactions.... and don't get me started on sentiment.
    I hope you are right, but we have been slowly going down all morning.
    Is today Saturday again?

Blog Entries

2 big up days in a row. Looks like the breather is over. Market is chuggin' along. Fed's still pumpin'!

I disagree. News produces knee-jerk reactions, but the trend usually - eventually prevails, and technical analysis helps tell us where the market might find support / resistance during these reactions.... and don't get me started on sentiment.
    My question is, are we seeing a dead cat bounce, or the second wind of a charging bull? I want to believe in the Bull, but the Bear has bitten me before.
    God bless the United States of America!

I have 105 dividends to be reinvested in March and if I had my druthers the consolidation would persist. Unfortunately I may be doing my reinvestments back at the old highs above SPX 1848 - but what can I do? Margin will open up some heavy buying power at the old highs so there is a small blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_La_Migra View Post
    I want to believe in the Bull, but the Bear has bitten me before.
    Its very difficult to say. I think the market is more at ease unless Yellen comes out and gives an indication on what the FED is planning to do. This makes February's job numbers (i believe released March 8) very important before the FED meets around mid-March. If the job numbers are good, then I'd expect the market to shudder once QE is lowered more. If the job numbers are bad, then it's possible QE is continued at current levels making the market happy for a little longer.

This of course is very simple minded and based on market reactions on consumer sentiment.

Anyone getting worried?

Tom

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

Blog Entries

Anyone getting worried?

You give me enough time and I can make a turd look like a potato chip :toung:
    Retired, 50G/50C_ BLOG: Stats for April, 2024 Stats

Quote Originally Posted by JTH View Post
    You give me enough time and I can make a turd look like a potato chip :toung:
    Give it a few weeks and the charts may look like a turd. .

Weather posted this in another thread...

Scary 1929 market chart gains traction - Mark Hulbert - MarketWatch

There's a quote in there from Tom Demark that is almost verbatim to what I said recently in my commentary...

“Originally, I drew it for entertainment purposes only,” he said—but no longer: “Now it’s evolved into something more serious.”
    For the record - I am in stocks right now (today) but that could change any day.
    Tom

that red line is gonna cut through the black like a hattori hanzo blade through melting butter

Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    that red line is gonna cut through the black like a hattori hanzo blade through melting butter
    That was a Hattori Hanzo sword.
    THIS IS WHERE I WOULD PUT SOMETHING TO REPRESENT MY THINKING, BUT THEN THEY SHOW UP!
    Tracker =
    Check my position

Page 129 of 493 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast