Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: I fund

Blog Entries

Default Re: I fund

Well, like I've said before, the I-Fund burns me up, perhaps not the Fund itself, but more so the tools we have on hand to analyze the charts. IMHO EFA & The dollar are difficult the apply technical analysis to. Where else could you find two parallel channels of relatively equal spacing, one up and one down, both within the same week.

sc.png
    Retired, 100G (Paper Trading)_ BLOG: Stats for March, Stats for Q1, 2024 Stats

I completely concur. I guess I'll get out of it more quickly. Totally unreliable. If I'm going to risk being in it, I may as well be in funds that show current values throughout the trading day, and at days end. As I ponder this, I don't think I'll ever get in this funny fund, ever again.

During our great recession corporate profits kept rolling along setting records - the same thing is going to happen in Europe - you just gotta have staying power. It's not the European stock indexes that make up the I fund but rather individual large cap companies. They will be trading into the emerging markets where growth is ample.

Quote Originally Posted by Birchtree View Post
    During our great recession corporate profits kept rolling along setting records - the same thing is going to happen in Europe - you just gotta have staying power. It's not the European stock indexes that make up the I fund but rather individual large cap companies. They will be trading into the emerging markets where growth is ample.
    Great advice about the I fund and the market in general. Most trackers may only gradually, incrementally leave the I fund. It has got turn up, no doubt. I will keep the I fund in my portfolio, but have most of my monies in the C and S. 31C, 31S, and an 8 point difference from what I had in my I fund, now it's at 30. G at 8, only temporarily. One thing this difference between the funds has taught me, is to not totally capitulate (wrong word to use when talking stocks I've found), but to make adjustments incrementally. This will make me continue to maintain self belief and to do what is right for me in this market. Others out there must feel the same way if they plan to make money in this market. Wild swings from one fund to another based on fear is almost always regretted. Belief in this market takes a strong will, commitment.

In reference to Europe and the I fund, bull runs start when things look bleak and often keep going even though things get bleaker for several months. The I fund will appreciate before things start getting better and will undoubtedly out perform the S fund in my estimation.

Blog Entries

Month-to-date the I-fund is # 1049 on the tracker, almost dead bottom.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JTH View Post
    Month-to-date the I-fund is 1049 on the tracker, almost dead bottom.
    YTD I-fund share price peaked at 21.9902 on 1 Feb. From there the low was on 7 Feb at 21.5207 for a -2.13%

15. Default Re: I fund

The I Fund would not open on Presidents Day correct? Since the index is actually a US index?

Would then Tuesday be similar to a double trading day with the I fund? Can anyone explain it to me. Thanks.

The "I" is a US fund, markets closed and TSP. The action tomorrow in all countries in the "I" will continue and count for the next day.
    Last edited by nnuut; 02-17-2013 at 08:05 PM.

Blog Entries

Japan Nikkei 225 jumped +2% at the open monday.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by James48843 View Post
    Was it closed last Friday?

Quote Originally Posted by James48843 View Post
    Nikkei | Nikkei Index | Nikkei Dow Index

Quote Originally Posted by JTH View Post
    Was it closed last Friday?
    Looks like it

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast