Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: I fund

Default Re: I fund

I believe one of the first things I read a few years back was written by JTH
    I have to paraphrase but he said that market timing isn't about who can be in the longest but rather reduce your exposure to market risk. Less days for bigger profit. He said it way better but if your idea is to sit in a fund for months at a time you may very well not get the maximum reward
    11.80% for 2012, 24.79% for 2013, -5.13% for 2014 , 4.94% for 2015 WTF?, -0.04% for 2016 , 13.09% for 2017======= 8.23% , Moved to Vanguard in 2018

Sometimes if you want to make money in the markets, you have to make the trades that few others are comfortable with - today that means the I fund. I prefer the trade not get crowded.

Often times taking the road less traveled leads to higher returns. Nobody is omnipotent and humility in the markets is always a virtue.

dollar is killing the I fund, helicopter ben needs to buy more bonds

The dollar will align shortly enough.....Patience, a virtue, is well practiced in these situations.
    THIS IS WHERE I WOULD PUT SOMETHING TO REPRESENT MY THINKING, BUT THEN THEY SHOW UP!
    Tracker =
    Check my position

From Zachary Karabell regarding Europe: "The rush to declare the future bleak has obscured the fact that no one knows the outcome of an unprecedented event. No one. The worst course in the face of uncertainty is blind faith in conventional wisdom and past patterns. The best is to stay humble in the face of the unknown, creative and unideological about solutions, and open to the possibility that as quickly as things turned sour they can reverse. And yet, if things come to a halt more quickly than ever before, they could also restart more quickly than ever before. That is not to say they will, only that the possibility is more than marginal. And there are signs things are not everywhere as bad as conventional wisdom suggests." I'll not move out of the I fund until amoeba takes a 100% position. That means I'm cool for awhile longer. The same dollar you had last year now buys you much less in terms of the I fund than it did a year ago.

Heinz opens doors to emerging markets for Berkshire - Buffett you been following the I fund thread.

I capitulate. The I fund for now is dead. Maybe in a few months I'll get in it again. Europe is behaving like a leach, sucking off my gains made in the C and S fund. Slowly getting out of the I fund.

FV today up. So maybe we'll start to get something out of the race horse next week.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJoe View Post
    I capitulate. The I fund for now is dead. Maybe in a few months I'll get in it again. Europe is behaving like a leach, sucking off my gains made in the C and S fund. Slowly getting out of the I fund.
    capitulate is such a strong word, there's no shame in dodging a down swing if you see it coming. just make sure you're back on the train after the pull back. being a bear for too long doesn't pay in the TSP

Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    capitulate is such a strong word, there's no shame in dodging a down swing if you see it coming. just make sure you're back on the train after the pull back. being a bear for too long doesn't pay in the TSP
    I hated to get out, even a little. Promised myself that I'd never go back to the G fund, even for 8%. That's the capitulation. Thanks for the encouragement. I'll be back in it even if I have to 1% my way to 100% by the end of the month, if the I fund goes up. Have a good weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJoe View Post
    I hated to get out, even a little. Promised myself that I'd never go back to the G fund, even for 8%. That's the capitulation. Thanks for the encouragement. I'll be back in it even if I have to 1% my way to 100% by the end of the month, if the I fund goes up. Have a good weekend.
    Don't use capituation. Use Capital Preservation when you exit after a gain.
    Don't bias your charts. Show support and resistance. My comments and charts are not trading recommendations.

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast