Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Month's Best Fund Method Strategy

Default Re: Last Month's Best Fund Method Strategy

I would urge you to choose the system. It almost doesn't matter what the system is as long as you understand it. Anything to remove your emotions. I have learned that well over the past year. My system is up a lot but because I was afraid to use it early in the year, I'm way down from where I could be. A system is impartial and that is your best friend!

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat22 View Post
    I followed LMBF for the first half of this year and did good, earning 10% + in six months (including my contributions). I got spooked in June and started reallocating on my own and have not fared so well. Atleast I didn't bail from the markets recently, so I'm prety much even with my pre-election balance. However, had I been following LMBF all year until now, I would be up 3.2% from where I am now! I'm really thinking about going back to this method. Based on the returns so far this month, that would mean jumping in to the I fund which would be the third straight month for LMBF to be in I - that's unprecedented for the I fund via LMBF and only been done three times for the S fund and once for the F fund. The historical numbers show this method working, but I am really hesitant to go all in to the I fund.
    Quote Originally Posted by craigerv View Post
    I would urge you to choose the system. It almost doesn't matter what the system is as long as you understand it. Anything to remove your emotions. I have learned that well over the past year. My system is up a lot but because I was afraid to use it early in the year, I'm way down from where I could be. A system is impartial and that is your best friend!
    Well done tomcat. I would agree with Craig. Use this system. It's done very well. And best of all... it's FREE!
    CURRENT ALLOCATION: 100% I AS OF C.O.B. 5/22/2017

My feline system says stay away from the I fund - it's more trouble than you want. pun intended.

Blog Entries

Well, the Last Month Best Fund method once again has a positive month. SO we stay fully invested.

This time, again, the "I" fund had the month's best result.
    So we stay there as we move into the Christmas month of December.

Good luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Last month's best fund method

I fund may be the best in the month, but it seems to volatile and unpredictable for me. I don't have nerves that can handle that yet.

I'm glad to hear that - IMHO no one should seriously consider venturing into the I fund. That darn fund is nothing but a bear trap. pun intended

Blog Entries

Anyone who does not have nerves for investing in stocks ....should not.

Only venture what YOU are comfortable doing. If you are not comfortable, there is nothing wrong with keeping most of your money in safety of "G".

If you feel comfortable doing more, then, by all means, follow your heart - but never risk more than you are willing to give up, because nothing is ever certain.

Good luck.

Why all the hate on the I Fund? (Easy I'm a newbie) I have been faithfully following the LMBF because I don't have the knowledge to do it otherwise but it seems to work great. I understand that International Stocks may be more unpredictable, but if its 14% for the year isn't that decent? I don't have previous years experience to compare it just seems no one likes the I Fund.

A bet on the I-fund is a good size bet on Europe. Probably not the greatest investment. But we should also consider that a weak dollar really helps the I-fund and the fiscal cliff talks seem to be sucking the life out of the dollar. If that trend continues the I-fund may outperform C and S. Next week it could be a different story.
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

Blog Entries

Sigh...

Hey- the LMBF method is...no charge.

Don't like it? Don't follow it.

It's that simple.

21. Default Re: Last month's best fund method

Quote Originally Posted by James48843 View Post
    Anyone who does not have nerves for investing in stocks ....should not.

Only venture what YOU are comfortable doing. If you are not comfortable, there is nothing wrong with keeping most of your money in safety of "G".

If you feel comfortable doing more, then, by all means, follow your heart - but never risk more than you are willing to give up, because nothing is ever certain.

Good luck.

Well said James48843. If you are not comfortable, then do what most are and leave your money in the G Fund. However, if you want to win in life and want to prosper with your investments, a risk is required. We, LMBF Followers, have found a system that works and is backed up by data. In theory, the risk is mitigated to an extent! Risks are always going to present. It is how you mitigate the risk that makes a difference.

"If you dont change, the next five years will be like your last five years"

So I'm told that Europe is in recession - prove it. The Europe Stoxx 600 has been up the last six consecutive months - same with the Nikkie. That recession can't be very deep and may not last very long. I'll be holding my 80% I fund until everyone else gets in and then I'll move to the C fund.

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast