Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: NSurf9 Account Talk

Default Re: NSurf9 Account Talk

It looks like, at least at 10:45am 7/12/12, the DWCPF has put in a technical bottom on a intermediate downward trend, however it still seems to me there are a lotta icy, oily and broken steps back up to the sunshine- and heaven only knows what might come down beside sunshine, even before we get there.

And make no mistake, the "basket to 'heck'" doesn't care how technically your bottom is!

Still got the heebegeebies, but still considering a quick dash into C, S or I - we've got 30 mins to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesE View Post
    This is still a correction within an IT advance, but it is hard to find reasons for this to push up right now. Don't listen to me tho, I was up 6% until April and after today I'll be -5%. Market pros can't even get a handle on this action, I'm just hanging in, it's got to go up sometime.
    I am hanging in also....but concerned about the overall picture. I am looking for a good exit point cause it 'feels' like there will be a big drop late July or Aug.
    But don't listen to me either, I was up +1.5% early in the year but am now 7 from the bottom at -8%.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who know binary, and those that don't!!
    Retired on December 31, 2018!!

Quote Originally Posted by uscfanhawaii View Post
    I am hanging in also....but concerned about the overall picture. I am looking for a good exit point cause it 'feels' like there will be a big drop late July or Aug.
    But don't listen to me either, I was up +1.5% early in the year but am now 7 from the bottom at -8%.
    You had a nice ride up today, better than most of us. Thursday I had a loss of 0.75%. With a gain of 1.53% today I have a gain of 0.76% for the year.
    Whatever, I plan on reducting my %s in C and S funds Monday.

Good luck to all of us the rest of year.
    "I'm your Huckleberry"

Uscfanhawaii, those nice rides up will raise your return faster than you might think. I was down to about 4%, now, I climbing. Missed my Thursday move to the S fund - a phone call that couldn't wait at 11:56am. The Wizard (of Oz) I see picked up the 1.4% for 25% total for the year for a nice quick play. A QE3 play may still get clearer in the couple of weeks (I belief 4 voting feds are in favor) and I'll still have dry powder.

I'm still working on the IFT restriction relief - it make take getting a bill thru U.S. Congress (Stephen F. Lynch (D) Massachusetts) to get the current "window to a mutual fund" changed to something, instead, like a window to a mutual fund or other TSP Board accepted retirement fund, account, or vehicle. Luckily, Lynch, Long and Dialing already want the window thru option!
    Last edited by nsurf9; 07-14-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Yes, its been a while since my last post . . . and yes, its been lonely here at the pier. Though you whack-a-bears might want to read the following article from Briefing.com founders/contributor.

Bearish Data, Bullish Hopes

Thanx for the article, NSurf9, I found it compeling.
    Allocations as of COB Dec 28 : 100% S. | Retirement Date:Dec 2025
    Past Returns:
    2020 31.85%,2019 27.97%,2018 -3.36%,2017 13.10%, 2016 -1.79%, 5Yr Avg 12.61%

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    Thanx for the article, NSurf9, I found it compeling.
    Ditto ... a good reminder!

How much longer - hopefully 'til after the election.

Old Ben says the party's still on - he says he's still got more QE beer in the keg and another order is on the way. Only problem is, the beer has been watered down at stategic intervals and Ben doesn't have real money to pay for the beer transportation order when it arrives.

Us Freshmen really don't know the difference between watered down beer and light beer anyway- all we know is we're getting that same big glass for the same price and the night still seems young.

But Mr. Inflation knows and he's well aware that, that dollar bill you've paid Ben is only worth 50 percent as it was in 1980.

Ben can fool the freshmen, but he can't fool Mr. Inflation 'cause he knows the taste of watered down money and that Ben can't pay the beer transport deliverman much longer - especially if beerman asks for his payment in gold.

Minyanville > Business News > Markets Dow Theory Gives Warning; Can the Fed 'Print Over' It?
    Dow Theory Gives Warning; Can The Fed 'Print Over' It? | Markets | Minyanville's Wall Street

Market Shadows Life vs. Stock Market Dow Theory Divergences
    Dow Theory Divergences - Market Shadows

SeekingAlpha Bearish Divergence: Has Dow Theory Failed? September 25, 2012
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/8865...-theory-failed
    Last edited by nsurf9; 09-28-2012 at 09:19 PM.

Marty, thanks for re-labeling my TSP aka, I thought nsurf9 was under a "hidden" label, but wasn't sure. Thanks for the fix.

PS: I really don't like those "hidden" labels. I did't realize I hadn't move in 90 days - or my name might be re-labeled "hidden" after 90 days of AutoTracker inactivity. I thought the activity measure included posts to the forum. I do recall that the "hidden"s did include members subscribing to the "premium" services.

Frankly, I pay a lot more attention to the Sentiment Survey than what the "Premiums" might advise - please don't let them hide it. The "premiums records aren't all that stellar, and I don't believe most people take their final cue in making their IFTs. TSP Fantasy doesn't use them. If some people want to pay and have the benefit of them - that's ok, but the decisions of the members of TSP Talk AutoTracker participants ought not be "hidden." That's why I'll never subscribe . . . and precisely why I do post my IFTs under nsurf9 - we all get the benefit of each other - inspite of being limited to only 2 equity IFTs per month.
    Last edited by nsurf9; 10-09-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Frothy little bubbles appear to be beginning to "plink" - I'm looking for a bottom in the INDEXSP:.INX 1335-1367 area - unless the masses catch wind that "objects in rear-view mirror [really aren't] larger than appear" and US dollar demoniated corporate assests and income are being inflated by monitary policy and erroded by true inflation.

Duly Noted: Ok, "Hidden" on the AutoTracker, does not include TSPTalk members with "Premium" subscriptions.

Good read from Briefing.com Page One on "where are we now." No Answers . . . but a good read.

Election Is Over, but the Politics Continue

I'm still looking for a technical INX 1335-1367 bottom - I may jump in sooner, almost did this 11/7/12 afternoon.

Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast