Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast

Thread: Corn and Ethanol.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Corn and Ethanol.

Quote Originally Posted by nnuut View Post
    Algae, it's Algae that's the answer!
    Republicans in Florida are poised to kill the Ethanol from Algae business.

The premier company working on commericial scale developement was shocked a few weeks ago when a Flordia republican state representative suddenly introduced a law that is going to make it harder for the ethanol company to do business.

State concerned with algae-to-ethanol process of Fort Myers company » Naples Daily News

here is the bio of the state rep:
    Scott Plakon - Biography - Project Vote Smart

Quote Originally Posted by James48843 View Post
    Republicans in Florida are poised to kill the Ethanol from Algae business.

The premier company working on commericial scale developement was shocked a few weeks ago when a Flordia republican state representative suddenly introduced a law that is going to make it harder for the ethanol company to do business.

State concerned with algae-to-ethanol process of Fort Myers company » Naples Daily News

here is the bio of the state rep:
    Scott Plakon - Biography - Project Vote Smart

Note the stripes of the Rep who presented this. Anything to protect the oil companies. Back when I lived down near the Cape in 1980 or 81 some speed shop owner had developed one of those pressure carburetors some of you have hear about. He was supposed to be getting around double mileage out of a 351 Ford V8 in a Cougar. I remember the article in the paper where he decided not to build it since the EPA hit him with so many big buck requirements that it was impossible . True or not, I didn't know the guy but it makes you wonder if we needed the oil then either? Like they say, "Follow the money".
    The joke's over and I am outa there. Now someone else can save the world. Somebody please remind my rich uncle not to forget his end of the deal

Blog Entries

Patriotic Americans choose flex-fuel vehicles

After learning and understanding the facts, The Auto Channel along with scientists, politicians and intelligent Americans believe that replacing gasoline with Ethanol as the primary fuel for American mobility will result in a win-win-win-win for our country, our people and our economy. Yet despite overwhelming logic and factual proof of flex [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]fuels[/COLOR][/COLOR] validity, the forces of evil and their ignorant (or owned) minions continue to obstruct flex fuel's ubiquitous adoption through well planned and payed-for mis-information and “divide and conquer” tactics.

The only entity to get hurt from the ubiquitous adoption of [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]flex [COLOR=blue !important]fuel[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] is the foreign oil cartel, the OPEC nations.

Just imagine the positive effects that production, distribution and use of sustainable, domestic Bio-Ethanol fuels will have on the United States and the world.

More:

Patriotic Americans Choose Flex-Fuel Vehicles

Blog Entries

Study: Ethanol lowered gas prices by $1+ per gallon

America’s use of domestically produced ethanol reduced wholesale gasoline prices by an average of $1.09 per gallon in 2011, according to updated research conducted by economists at the University of Wisconsin and Iowa State University.

An update to a 2009 peer-reviewed paper published in Energy Policy by Dermot Hayes of Iowa State and Xiaodong Du of Wisconsin, the study also found gasoline prices have been reduced by an average of $0.29 per gallon nationally, 17 percent, from 2000-2011 thanks to the use of ethanol. The reduction in the Midwest was even greater, $0.45 per gallon, according to the research.

"Growth in U.S. ethanol production has added significantly to the volume of fuel available in the U.S.,” Hayes said in a press release. “It is as if the U.S. oil refining industry had found a way to extract 10 percent more gasoline from a barrel of oil. This additional fuel supply has alleviated periodic gasoline shortages that had been caused by limited refinery capacity. It has also changed the relative prices of gasoline and diesel and allowed the U.S. to switch from being a net importer of gasoline to a net exporter. As a result of these changes, U.S. gasoline prices are measurably lower than would otherwise have been the case."

more: Study: Ethanol lowered gas prices by $1+ per gallon : Sioux City Journal

still drinking the kool-aid by the gallon I see. just follow the money and pay offs.

While oxygenated fuels have been promoted for their ability to decrease certain air toxics, multiple studies have reported higher emissions of the hazardous air pollutants acetaldehyde and formaldehyde linked to increased ethanol content in fuels (Ban-Weiss 2008; Black 1998; DOE 2009; Grosjean 2002; Whitney 2007; Winebrake 2001). Both acetaldehyde and formaldehyde are considered by EPA to be probable human carcinogens (U.S. EPA 2007a). Formaldehyde is associated with respiratory tract irritation, chronic bronchitis, and airway inflammation (U.S. EPA 2007a). Acetaldehyde is a strong respiratory irritant and toxicant especially dangerous for children and adults with asthma. As demonstrated by a recent study, acetaldehyde air pollution is already presents greater than a one-in-one-million cancer risk at most sites nationally (McCarthy 2009). Further increases in acetaldehyde could lead to increased cancer incidence and wider prevalence of respiratory problems.

Increases by two- to three-fold (Australian Government 2004; DOE 2009), especially when the vehicles are started at cold temperature (Whitney 2007). Respiratory toxicant, irritant, inhalation carcinogen, strongly contributes to ground-level ozone formation (U.S. EPA 2007a)
    Formaldehyde Increases for all ethanol blends compared to E0 (Australian Government 2004; DOE 2009) Respiratory toxicant, inhalation carcinogen, contributes to ground-level ozone formation (U.S. EPA 2007a)
    Oxides of Nitrogen (NOx) Some increase for E15 (37% of vehicles in DOE study) and notable increase for E20, especially for older, high-mileage vehicles (Australian Government 2004; DOE 2009). Increases for non-road engines at every ethanol concentration tested (E10, E15, and E20). Aggravates respiratory disease; contributes to ground-level ozone formation; increases acidification and eutrofication of soil and surface water (U.S. EPA 2008)
    Ethanol (precursor to acetaldehyde) Released during both ethanol production and ethanol fuel combustion (Brady 2007; DOE 2009) Health effects due to acetaldehyde formation in the air (U.S. EPA 2009a).
    Volatile organic chemicals (VOCs) Emitted by ethanol production facilities (Brady 2007) Respiratory toxicants, contribute to ground-level ozone formation (U.S. EPA 2007a).
    Ozone May increase with increased ethanol use due to the projected increases in VOCs and NOx emissions (American Lung Association 2009; Jacobson 2007; U.S. EPA 2007b) Aggravates respiratory and cardiovascular disease, higher rates of asthma, and respiratory infection. Increases premature death. Causes damage to vegetation such as trees and crops (Jerrett 2009; NRC 2008; U.S. EPA 2008)
    Particulate matter (PM2.5) Significant increases due to corn ethanol production compared to conventional gasoline (Hill 2009) Aggravation of respiratory and cardiovascular disease, decreased lung function, increased asthma and premature death. Environmental influence: impairment of visibility, effects on climate (U.S. EPA 2008)

Ethanol-Gasoline Fuel Blends May Cause Human Health Risks and Engine Issues | Environmental Working Group
    "Our Constitution was made only for a Moral and Religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the goverment of any other." John Adams 10/11/1798

And to think they banned Cigarette smoking in most public places now.. and yet Burning ethanoil is gonna kill us faster..I don't get it...
    A wise man speaks when he has something to say...A FOOL speaks when he just has to say something

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    And to think they banned Cigarette smoking in most public places now.. and yet Burning ethanoil is gonna kill us faster..I don't get it...
    What the heck?
    smoking.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    But you'll be well preserved.
    God bless the United States of America!

Common Type Of Rail Car Has Dangerous Design Flaw : NPR

i wonder how this factors in to the affordability of a gallon of corn squeezins for the car, or a bowl of corn pops for junior.

that's if they don't burn up in an unfortunate accident and still are hungry, or want to go somewhere.
    100g

Blog Entries

Next big thing? Trading RINs.

CME Group Announces New Futures Contracts for Renewable Identification Numbers (RINs)

NEW YORK, April 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CME Group, the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, today announced the launch of nine new futures contracts for Renewable Identification Numbers (RINs). These contracts will be listed with, and subject to, the rules and regulations of NYMEX.

"With the recent increase in volatility in RINs prices, we've seen strong interest from our customers and other market participants for cost-effective ways to manage their risk in this market," said Gary Morsches, Managing Director Global Energy, at CME Group. "As the most actively traded marketplace for the benchmark RBOB Gasoline and ULSD Diesel contracts, our new RINs futures contracts will be a strong complement to our existing suite of products and will allow our customers to take advantage of reduced capital requirements and margin efficiencies."

The new RINs contracts will be available for trading starting May 13, 2013, and will allow customers to hedge risk in three types of renewable fuels:

D4 Biodiesel
    D5 Advanced Biofuel
    D6 Ethanol

These contracts will be financially-settled based on Argus Media's prices for RINs, which are the most widely-used indexes for this market. They will provide a useful hedge for the price risk associated with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) renewable fuel standard (RFS2). The EPA has created a credit trading system for compliance with RFS2 for various types of renewable fuels based on units called RINs.

These contracts will be available on the CME Globex electronic trading platform, for over-the-counter (OTC) clearing through CME ClearPort and open outcry on the trading floor in New York, beginning with the May 2013 contract month.

About CME Group

As the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is where the world comes to manage risk. CME Group exchanges offer the widest range of global benchmark products across all major asset classes, including futures and options based on interest rates, equity indexes, foreign exchange, energy, agricultural commodities, metals, weather and real estate. CME Group brings buyers and sellers together through its CME Globex® electronic trading platform and its trading facilities in New York and Chicago. CME Group also operates CME Clearing, one of the world's leading central counterparty clearing providers, which offers clearing and settlement services across asset classes for exchange-traded contracts and over-the-counter derivatives transactions. These products and services ensure that businesses everywhere can substantially mitigate counterparty credit risk.

CME Group is a trademark of CME Group Inc. The Globe Logo, CME, Globex and Chicago Mercantile Exchange are trademarks of Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. CBOT and the Chicago Board of Trade are trademarks of the Board of Trade of the City of Chicago, Inc. NYMEX, New York Mercantile Exchange and ClearPort are registered trademarks of New York Mercantile Exchange, Inc. COMEX is a trademark of Commodity Exchange, Inc. KCBOT, KCBT and Kansas City Board of Trade are trademarks of The Board of Trade of Kansas City, Missouri, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Further information about CME Group (NASDAQ: CME) and its products can be found at www.cmegroup.com.

Blog Entries

Trading RIN's. What next?

The price of carbon spot has been a complete failure due to government intervention.

20130420_FNC469.png

Imagine the money to be made by Wisdom Tree and Vanguard when they invent an ETF to track the index. HFT's already licking their chops for arb strategies and dark pool front running.

Blog Entries

In my town- we had three stations that sold E85 until last week. Two of the three are owned by the same company. (Brighton Michigan, Corrigon Sunoco and the BP downtown, are the two).

This week, they discontinued E85 at one of the two stations, (Sunoco), and replaced it with E0- "ETHANOL FREE RECREATIONAL GAS", according to the sign.

I walked in and asked inside why they discontinued E85- and was told "Oh- you can still get E85 just down the street at our other station- We are selling a lot of it there!" (At $3.09 a gallon, the E85 is a good deal right now).

Meanwhile the "ETHANOL FREE RECREATIONAL GAS", now being sold at the Sunoco for people to use in boats, or other equipment, is being sold for $4.24 a gallon.

(E10 is $3.99 right now).

So yes- ETHANOL IS SAVING A LOT OF MONEY for those who use E10 ($0.26 cents a gallon for E10 over E0,).... and $1.15 a gallon for E85 over E0.

Renewable-clean- better priced ETHANOL.

I love it.

Now "E ZERO" is the "botique fuel" that costs extra $4.24 a gallon, while my E85 is just $2.95.

Note: I burn E85 in my car.

Now a much better financial deal for me- I just spotted local E85 fuel at just $2.95 a gallon today. E85 Prices

It is nice to own a flex-fuel car- so that I have a CHOICE.

Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast